Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
A new baby?  Maybe...? >

A new baby? Maybe...?

A new baby? Maybe...?

Old 01-18-2011, 06:46 AM

I've been looking for a smaller machine that I could keep upstairs (my sewing space is in the basement), so that I can do a little piece work but not have to bring my other, bigger machine up and down each time. I'd found a Singer 99K, great condition, great price, but the seller is out of the country until February. I told her I'd wait and she can get in touch with me when she gets back, but that if I find something else, I will go for it.

Well, yesterday I found a Featherweight for sale, asking for an offer, looks to be in fantastic condition, the case does have one broken clasp. I didn't want to low ball it and lose out on it, but I DO want a deal...LOL So I sent in an offer of $150. Not the lowest I've seen a FW go for, definitely not close to the highest, either. I've seen them in this condition go for MUCH more...but I thought I'd take a chance and see. The seller said they consider, and asked when I'd like to get it. Since it's out of town, I have to wait a couple of days before I can, and I told them Thursday if that works for you...but I'm still waiting to hear back. This morning I went back to the ad I'd seen just to stare at this sweet little girl and dream a little...but it's GONE! :shock:

So now I'm worried!! Does this mean the seller took the ad down because it's sold...TO ME? Or because it's sold to *someone else*??
Old 01-18-2011, 06:47 AM

I would contact her again to be sure.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by Up North
I would contact her again to be sure.
I did that just now, good idea! I would so love this little machine. *fingers crossed*
Old 01-18-2011, 07:04 AM

*sigh* seems my reply yesterday about when I could get it was just a little too late. They sold it. :(
Old 01-18-2011, 07:07 AM

Sorry you missed out on it.
I purchased a Brothers 6000CSi (I think that's the numbers). I got it from Amazon. It for the same purpose as you want. My work area is upstairs in the game room. Sometimes, I want to do little projects downstairs where my husband is. This machine is very light and it was something like $137.00 and no shipping. I bought it in September. I like it.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:51 AM

You might check with your local sewing machine dealers. Sometimes they have trade ins that are wonderful buys. I believe that one of the ladies in one of the sewing groups I'm in bought a Janome Magnolia for a little over $100. These trade-ins, if you have a reputable dealer, have been checked out and run perfectly. Sorry about losing the FW.