Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Is the new Embird upgrade to 2013 worth it?

Is the new Embird upgrade to 2013 worth it?

I know it's a silly question and I'll probably get a wide range of views here... but I have Embird 2010 (upgraded from 2008) and I was just about to install it on my laptop and noticed hey, there's a new version, 2013. I can upgrade for $20 which isn't much at all but I don't see many differences listed under the "what's new" area of their site.

Has anyone upgraded from 2008/10 that might be able to give me their thoughts on the upgrade. It doesn't sound like much although the digitizing tools upgrade might be good. I would still love to be able to digitize designs which is why I bought it but never did find the time to learn to do it... oh, time, you are my enemy lol.

Depending on what operating system you use, you may have to upgrade. My new laptop has windows 8 on it and I had to do the upgrade for it to work on it.
    Regina in Richmond, KY

Go to the Embird website and click on the "whats new" tab and then decide if you will use the new features. My opinion is that for $20.00 it's a good idea to get the latest upgrade and keep up with technology. Really that price is pretty cheap.

I have found that upgrades are worth it. I don't have that program but have found that with others, they don't really list all the differences. Some are just easier to use and navigate.
    $20.00 is a small price to keep current.
    Good luck.