Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New England Bernina dealers >

New England Bernina dealers

New England Bernina dealers

Old 04-04-2015, 11:08 AM

Default New England Bernina dealers

What are the most reliable Bernina dealers in New England in terms of service technicians?

Thank you.
Old 04-04-2015, 12:48 PM
Power Poster

IF your techy is certified with Bernina, s/he will be trained and know what they are doing.
IF you are dealing with someone that is a sewing machine service person, but not certified via Bernina, then .... find someone who is.

You seem to be flipping around from one dealer to the next.

You would be wise to stick with one ... and work with them, instead of thinking they are no good.
Earlier you mentioned that you are not as knowledgeable as you could be, so arrange with your dealer for some lesson(s). They are well worth it. Very often, it is not a machine issue, or a service/dealer issue ... and yes, the finger comes back to be operator error.

Yes, there is a LOT to learn, and sticking with one dealer/techy, you can develop a relationship, where each gets to know the other, and can work thru challenges you are facing together.
Old 04-04-2015, 01:33 PM

Everything QuiltE said, is right on the money. Just like your car mechanic or your own doctor, it's far better to stick with one and develop the relationship than to hop all over the place starting over every time.

Where are you in New England? If you're in Darien (CT) and the "most reliable" Bernina dealer in New England is located in Caribou (ME), I strongly doubt you'll be wanting to trek up there for a tune-up.

ETA: Never mind, I found your location in a previous message. I can't help with a dealer for you; I'm in central NH.

Last edited by ghostrider; 04-04-2015 at 01:51 PM.
Old 04-04-2015, 04:28 PM

I'm trying a few dealers because I'm having problems developing a good relationship with one and I want to. I don't mind driving to do this...

Thanks for any suggestions!
Old 04-04-2015, 04:37 PM

Why don't you try calling those stores and see what kind of help you get. You might be able to get a feel for their personality from this. Also see if there is a website for that dealer - and see what's on there, expecially show N tell. If people are coming to clubs and showing a lot of finished projects (not a definite) that might lead me to believe that a lot of people are enjoying going to that shop. I know for a fact that if I were in So CA, I would be going to Cozy Quilts or whatever their new name is.