Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: New Fabric Moratorium

New Fabric Moratorium

Hi All: Someone presented the idea of a moratorium against new fabric buying this year. How is everyone holding out? It's only January 19th and I'm losing my resistance. Have a cart just ready to check out at Connecting Threads but have vowed to at least wait until February 1st. I can think of a gazillion perfectly good reasons to add to my ridiculously large stash I'll never live long enough to use up. Fabric-holoics of the Board unit!

Ahem: on the other hand, one never knows how high cotton will go, does one? So the valid arguement might be instead that, "I need to buy while the prices are low"...what 'cha think?? JK, tongue in cheek!
    If you feel like you're special...it's 'cause you are!
    Momto5

Blog Entries
    I really, really meant to behave, but I just couldn't pass up this awesome bargain. I just placed my third order (this time for approx 24 yards) with Cuddle-Bugs. My first two orders yielded some wonderful, quality fabrics. Cuddle-bugs is going out of business and selling their cotton fabrics for .... an amazing $2.00 per yard. Everything I received is top quality, name brands with a lovely, almost silky hand.

So toss caution to the wind as you will never find this price again.

http://www.cuddle-bugs.com/fabric-collections.php
    Sunnie
    a dog show & quilt addict
    www.buckhollow.net

Actually, I've done far better than I thought I would. I haven't bought any new fabric, but I bought 2 books at our guild "auction" for $1.00 I thought that was all right.

Linda George

That is a mean thing to do, tempt people trying not to buy new fabric! After I buy mine, I will start over on the moratorium.lol hehehehehe

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnie View Post
    I really, really meant to behave, but I just couldn't pass up this awesome bargain. I just placed my third order (this time for approx 24 yards) with Cuddle-Bugs. My first two orders yielded some wonderful, quality fabrics. Cuddle-bugs is going out of business and selling their cotton fabrics for .... an amazing $2.00 per yard. Everything I received is top quality, name brands with a lovely, almost silky hand.

So toss caution to the wind as you will never find this price again.

http://www.cuddle-bugs.com/fabric-collections.php
    Sewbeadit
    W. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by SouthPStitches View Post
    Hi All: Someone presented the idea of a moratorium against new fabric buying this year. How is everyone holding out? It's only January 19th and I'm losing my resistance. Have a cart just ready to check out at Connecting Threads but have vowed to at least wait until February 1st. I can think of a gazillion perfectly good reasons to add to my ridiculously large stash I'll never live long enough to use up. Fabric-holoics of the Board unit!
    You are an inabeler!!! I looked I saw I almost placed an order!! Great Sale but I need to hold firm! LOL At least untill the sew Expo in March than all bets are off! LOL

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
    i failed miserably....

Blog Entries
    I only have a small stash so forget the moratorium!

I hope to use a lot of my stash this year but it's hard to resist a sale.
    Fabric is like money, no matter how much you have it's never enough.

I usually have no trouble resisting fabric as I have a large (DH says enormous) stash and fabric at our LQS here in Ontario Canada is $14.95 a metre (better than some others at $16.95 or $17.95). I run into trouble when I find a really good sale like the one at a Mennonite shop that had five shelves of fabric on for $2.99 a metre which is unheard of any place else. It was mostly florals which they say are not moving well but there were a couple of Orientals that were gorgeous. I couldn't resist and bought $30 worth.
    Shelbie from the High County in Southern Ontario

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast