Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
new FMQ gloves >

new FMQ gloves

new FMQ gloves

Old 07-26-2012, 05:08 AM

Cool new FMQ gloves

Not really a new product, but certainly a new idea for quilters! My husband had a coupon for a free pair of utility gloves at Harbor Freights, so he bought me pair, said "I thought they might be good for Free Motion Quilting". So to humor him I tried them and let me tell you, great, great, great traction with those gloves. THese are the heavyer knit gloves that have the rubber on the inside of the palm and fingers, really great! The only problem is that I don't belive they have a great variety of sizes (I have big hands) and they are a little warm in the summer, but definitelly well worth it!
Old 07-26-2012, 05:41 AM

I have a pair of light-weight (horse) riding gloves that have the texture on the palms that I use. They only cost a few dollars and they are comfortable to wear. It's nice to find products that can do double duty so that we don't spend so much money on our addiction. Sounds like your dh is a sweetie.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:24 AM

I use regular cotton garden gloves with the nubbies on the fingers and palms. They are reasonably priced and I really like them. You can buy them at WalMart or Harbor Freight or most anywhere there is a garden section.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:32 AM

I use those finger cotts that you can get in the office supply section of most WM stores. My hands don't get too hot with them, they come in various sizes, and are cheap. I couldn't stand the gloves--too hot.
Sue
Old 07-26-2012, 11:40 AM

The Dollar Tree has the garden gloves that work great too.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by mike'sgirl View Post
I have a pair of light-weight (horse) riding gloves that have the texture on the palms that I use. They only cost a few dollars and they are comfortable to wear. It's nice to find products that can do double duty so that we don't spend so much money on our addiction. Sounds like your dh is a sweetie.
Wow! I'm going to dig out my horse riding gloves and try them for quilting. Great tip....thanks!