Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New Fons & Porter DVDs >

New Fons & Porter DVDs

New Fons & Porter DVDs

Old 03-25-2014, 01:50 PM

Default New Fons & Porter DVDs

Did anyone else receive a sample DVD from Fons & Porter from their new set, hoping you'll subscribe? Thoughts?
Old 03-25-2014, 03:58 PM
Power Poster

No, I never have received anything from them. I use to do business with a quilting notion wholesaler and I received two years free subscription from F&P which I enjoyed. I usually tape their shows especially the ones I am interested in doing.
Old 03-25-2014, 04:46 PM

I received a DVD about a month ago. I didn't order it. I read the papers inside and it stated that if I didn't want the DVD that I was to return it in the postage paid envelope enclosed. It also stated that if I didn't return the DVD I would be billed some dollar amount. I threw the DVD and all the paperwork away. I figured if I didn't order it, I didn't have to spend my time to send it back and I wasn't going to pay for it if they billed me for it. Bottom line, if you didn't order it, you don't have to pay for it. I didn't even look at the DVD, just threw it in the trash.
Old 03-25-2014, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
I received a DVD about a month ago. I didn't order it. I read the papers inside and it stated that if I didn't want the DVD that I was to return it in the postage paid envelope enclosed. It also stated that if I didn't return the DVD I would be billed some dollar amount. I threw the DVD and all the paperwork away. I figured if I didn't order it, I didn't have to spend my time to send it back and I wasn't going to pay for it if they billed me for it. Bottom line, if you didn't order it, you don't have to pay for it. I didn't even look at the DVD, just threw it in the trash.
I received a Fons & Porter DVD a few years ago unsolicited much like you. I didn't want or watch the DVD either. I bet I have it somewhere still. I must have received 4 subsequent invoices.

I did like to watch their show, read their magazine, and shop their site, but i questions their ethics on this type of sales tactic. I gave them the benefit of the doubt, but my enthusiasm for them has cooled.
Old 03-25-2014, 06:09 PM
Power Poster

they've been doing this off and on for a year or more. I returned them.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:04 PM

The letter I got stated that since I hadn't requested the DVD it was mine to keep as a gift (which I already knew); however, the order form stated that you either pay for or return the DVD.

I watched it and really enjoyed it, but the price point isn't right for me. It's just a compilation of segments from past shows, and this DVD only had 5 projects on it. Oh, and 5 bonus patterns that I can open on my computer (haven't done that yet to see what they are). Price is $13.95 for each DVD plus S&H, and they don't state what S&H will be. For me, I'm thinking $5.95 per DVD including S&H might entice me. But as it is I can get a magazine subscription for the price of one DVD with S&H plus scores of free patterns on the internet.

To avoid getting invoices, I think I'll return the order form telling them I'm keeping the DVD as a gift and suggest they either pack them with more content or lower their price point.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:49 PM

I hate DVD as I have no way of using so they are a waste of time and effort.
Old 03-26-2014, 04:42 AM

I received one several years ago. Do not like the tactic at all. I think there was an outcry at that time, so I am really surprised they are doing it again.