Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New friend & new runner... >

New friend & new runner...

New friend & new runner...

Old 04-16-2014, 08:10 AM

quiltingfever--What is the name of your avatar pattern--it is so pretty and just what I am looking for as some Christmas projects. Thanks. Gladys
Old 04-16-2014, 09:36 AM

great machine,I have 2 designers and love them.love the blues
Old 04-16-2014, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by 0tis View Post
Congrats on your new machine - I have a Sapphire 875Q - I love mine - I love how it raises the foot when you stop so if you need to turn your fabric - its much easier - also love that the foot pedal will raise or lower the foot too - It's a great machine - when I first bought mine - I didn't do the classes because I live so far from the dealer - so I went about 4 months and finally found out I wasn't threading the bobbin correctly - so I would say that the classes are very helpful. I think I would go crazy if I had to be away from my machine for that long.
I love that pivot feature, too...I have a Designer 1, got very spoiled with it. None of my other machines have it. So am very happy to get another one with that feature. I will still get some sewing in during the 6 weeks. Going to N.C. to visit daughter for the month of May, I have a EuroPro that I keep there because I do this every year, sometimes twice a year. So it won't be too bad.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 View Post
Fun story & love the colours of your tablerunner. Enjoy your new machine... I have the 870Q .... it's interesting when someone posts a little tip here, the one I recently learned was when using the straight stitch plate there is a setting so that if you choose a zig zag stitch the width will stay at zero so you don't break a needle.....
I found out that on this machine you can turn the straight stitch to be on & tell you about it, so you have to physically go & turn it off; I like that feature.
Old 04-17-2014, 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by VickiM View Post
Well, I finally did it. I have had my Janome 9000 since 1999. Decided to trade it in for a Viking Sapphire 930. I loved my Janome but needed more space to the right & this had it. For a great price with the trade in.

Do any of you have this machine? If so, how do you like it? Are there any "quirks" I need to know about it? I will not get much use of it for a couple months as I will mostly be out of state till June. But am looking forward to getting acquainted with this machine.

I've owned various Vikings for 40 years. So far so good. I did take the leap to a baby lock serger last year and would neve go back. My viking diamond is great. Recently I joined the viking yahoo group (VikingDesignerGems) which I've found very helpful. The members are all owners of viking "gems" diamond, ruby etc. and share their experiences. Being a new owner you might want to give that a try. There's a lot of info from new and long time owners. You can participate or not. Have fun and enjoy your new toy.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:06 AM

Congrats on winning - and of the pretty runner.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:28 AM

I love all the blue colors.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by mengler View Post
I've owned various Vikings for 40 years. So far so good. I did take the leap to a baby lock serger last year and would neve go back. My viking diamond is great. Recently I joined the viking yahoo group (VikingDesignerGems) which I've found very helpful. The members are all owners of viking "gems" diamond, ruby etc. and share their experiences. Being a new owner you might want to give that a try. There's a lot of info from new and long time owners. You can participate or not. Have fun and enjoy your new toy.
I recently got a Sapphire 930 and still learning all the ins and outs. Do you have the website of the viking group? I would love to join that group for more info....
Old 04-17-2014, 11:19 AM
Power Poster

Beautiful batik fabrics.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:41 PM

mengler...do you have that link for the Viking yahoo group? I would love to join it. I see that nme1974 would too. Sure we're not the only ones. I have a baby lock evolve serger & love it. I've always been totally Janome since my first one in 1970 (it was New Home at that time), but got in on a great deal for the Viking Designer 1 about 3 years ago along with the baby lock serger at the same time. So, since I was looking to do a trade on the Janome 9000 that wasn't being used much anymore, the Sapphire was just the thing. Plus, I love the shop owner & also the machine mechanic...so I'm very happy with everything. Helps to have people you feel comfortable with & can rely on & they're only 30 minutes away. For my Janome's, I live right around the corner from the shop & can rely on them also. The baby lock dealer is about 30 minutes the other direction. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones.......................