Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • New friend & new runner... >
  • New friend & new runner...

• New friend & new runner...

Old 04-17-2014, 06:22 PM

Your machine is beautiful! So is the table runner. I bought the Viking Quilt Designer in 2003. I did have issues with it, but after three tries they finally found the problem and I haven't had a single problem since. She sews beautiful stitches, but hates lint...if the stitches start looking less than the best, it's time to clean the bobbin area.
    Congratulations on the new machine, the strips win and the pretty runner. All looks great in your world.
    Old 04-18-2014, 08:56 AM

Hi all. Yes here is the link for viking gems yahoo group. [email protected]. I belong to the Babylock serger group also and that link is as follows: [email protected]. I just finished a 3 day serger camp with Joan friedrich which was great. We did a few quilting techniques with the serger. So many exciting possibilities.
    Old 04-18-2014, 05:25 PM

Thank you for the info for both groups...I have joined both. I have actually made 2 quilts on the serger & was surprised how well they turned out. I use my serger for alot of things...I am a crafter that does craftshows & I make alot of things other than quilting. Love my evolve!
    Old 04-19-2014, 05:07 AM

I love my evolution. The ovation is a little pricey and doesn't offer that much more. I'm not a quilter per se either but I do make quilts among many other projects like you. I like quilting board because there is so much info that applies to projects other than quilting. Just a nice group. The yahoo groups produce a LOT of emails but u can read them or not depending on your interest. It took me a bit to get used to the volume.
    Old 04-19-2014, 06:20 PM

Turns out the right group for me was the Designer 1 group, not the other. Waiting to hear on the serger one. Try putting your emails on yahoo to Daily Digest...one a day & you can just scroll right through & only read if you're interested. Yes, this is the best group...learn so much & everyone is so helpful!