Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: New Ironing Mat

I have the Quilter's Cut N Press II. I have used this so much that the top is stained and it has bowed from the heat. I was wondering if anyone has ever taken it apart and tried to remove the stains. Any suggestion on repair and also on recomendations on purchasing something without a cutting board on the back.

SEW
    I have removed stains from my cut n' press by heavily spraying a cotton press cloth with water. Then place the damp press cloth over the stain. With a hot iron, move the iron over the stained area until it is dry. The stain should transfer from the cut n' press to the press cloth. This has worked well for me. Good Luck!

I've covered mine with a new layer of fabric.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SEW
    I have removed stains from my cut n' press by heavily spraying a cotton press cloth with water. Then place the damp press cloth over the stain. With a hot iron, move the iron over the stained area until it is dry. The stain should transfer from the cut n' press to the press cloth. This has worked well for me. Good Luck!
    i've not heard of this. will try to remember this great tip.

You could use a table top ironing board. If it is too High fold the legs up. Or wrap a towel around a heat resistant mat like you would use near the oven.

I have the same problem. I hand washed with a little bleach water the fabric side and put it in the sun to dry. That turned out nice. As far as the cutting side, I haven't found a way to make it flat again. I store it laying on the cutting side and it is OK until I forget and sit it on end. Oh well, still love it.