Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: NEW JCP CATALOG

Did anyone else get their new JCP catalog in the mail today - WOW..there are so many quilt in there...great ideas - especially for Children's quilts.....assortment patchwork ideas.....a great catalog.....

are they all made in china?

Blog Entries
    Gotta laugh at myself, I didn't know what you were talking about. When I looked it up I was suprised - wait that was Sears that was the big thing back in the day when they'd use the paper in the outhouse, right?

you betcha, Celeste, been there done that! Sears Roebuck didn't have slick paper in those days. :oops: :oops:

Yep, probably all made in China...but I was mainly looking at the pictures - for idea of color combos, etc.....the children quilts were inspiring...

I love looking at JCP catalog for quilt ideas, but my favorite is Pottery Barn. They've had some beautiful quilts that I would like to make!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginabelle
    I love looking at JCP catalog for quilt ideas, but my favorite is Pottery Barn. They've had some beautiful quilts that I would like to make!
    I've made my rendition of a couple of the Crate & Barrel quilts. I love looking at them all.

I rip the pages out of catalogs of quilts and save them. Someday when I get real good, I hope I will be able to look at them and recreate them.

I used to get a catalog from a company that had alot of slave labor quilts in it for around 29 dollars including the shams. I have 3 of them from before I started quilting and one is even hand quilted, amazing. I wish I had kept the catalogs for quilt pattern ideas. The quilts are very sloppily done, you can tell it was a rush job.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbm
    I rip the pages out of catalogs of quilts and save them. Someday when I get real good, I hope I will be able to look at them and recreate them.
    I do that too! I have a folder full of them. Happy to hear someone else does the same thing! :D