Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New JoAnns Coming our way

Blog Entries

New JoAnns Coming our way

I had heard sometime during the winter that we were getting a new JoAnn's in Greenville. Today I found it near where we ate lunch. The sign says it will open July 26th - will be delighted, as all we've had for years has been Hancocks.

How wonderful!! I haven't been inside my Joanns in about three weeks! I bet they miss me. I've got to get in there soon.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place...the End Times.

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

Lucky you, we don't even have a Hancocks.
    Carolyn - Singer 1030 (slant needle, self winding bobbin from 1976, my everyday machine) , Singer Quantum Quilter (sits on shelf unloved), Tin Lizzie 18

Glad to know. Ours has been open a year and I am enjoying it b

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    You'll be surprised and likely sickened at Joann's regular prices. It's been nearly a decade since I have been in a Hancock's, though, since there is none near me now.

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.

We are getting a new one in Little Rock too! it opens Aug 30th.

Blog Entries
    Be sure to sign up to get their ads in the mail and also to get emails from them. I get a flyer about once a week in the mail and it will have c/o's in it. Then I get an email from them every single day - most also have coupons in them. You have to print them out. Our store will let us use as many different 50% off coupons if they have a different UPC code on them - or bar code or whatever it is called. Sometimes it is only a 40% coupon. Those can only be used on regular priced things - not things on sale. The bad part is that most things are "on sale" all the time so you cannot use the 40% or 50% coupons. But, once in awhile, they will put out a 15% or 20% off coupon that is good on regular priced things or sale priced things or even clearance things. You just have to read the fine print. I have also found that they have their sale booklets on a rack near the entrance to the store and if the upc codes are different, you can use them also.
    Nikki in MO

Blog Entries
    We had one open in Midland/Odessa earlier this month. Stopped in Thursday and was very surprised and disappointed at the prices. We have only had Wal-Mart or Hancock and two lqs to choose from. They probably not see much of my biz.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Diet Dr. Pepper in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"

My local one closed, but it has saved me a lot of money, I rarely drive across town in the busy traffic to go anymore. But I do find myself buying more online.
    Dyan

You are so fortunate. Both our JoAnn's and Hancocks closed. Thank goodness, there is a great LQS about 7 miles away.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast