Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New Lap Quilting Hoop >

New Lap Quilting Hoop

New Lap Quilting Hoop

Old 10-22-2012, 09:29 AM

Thank you, everyone for your input! So glad we have this forum to share our experiences. At this point, I'm leaning towards Barnett's but so glad we often have several vendors/companies making similar products so that we can really find the product which best fits our individual needs. I have read posts on other sites regarding Barnett's products and service and they have all been very favorable. Looking forward to getting a new hoop soon!
Old 10-22-2012, 12:31 PM

I'm saving my pennies for one of Harry's hoops... I want the floor stand with a 14" round hoop... even though I haven't spent a dime with him yet, he's answered questions for me!
Old 10-22-2012, 01:03 PM

I bought a round one on a adjustable stand from Edmunds company. I have used it for several years. one piece of it split while we were moving and the company replaced it free. I wouldn't have any other brand. I have used several before getting this one and this is the best. It is adjustable several ways. Just Google Edmunds and quilting and it will came up. Good luck.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:36 PM

You will probably want to try one out first. I thought that I wanted a LAP frame - and I did but a SIT-ON frame was the best for me. I found that with the lap frame, I had a tendency to lose it off of my lap if I moved to reach for something. The SitOn frame works much better. If I am working on something bigger, I have my floor frame that adjusts lots of ways to get it just right. I would just try a few out before you make the purchase.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:13 PM

Thinking that for the exact reason you mentioned I will go with Barnett's. The hoops are interchangeable with all of the bases (including the sit-on), so I'm bound to find a combination that will work. Thanks for your input! :-)

Originally Posted by jrhboxers View Post
You will probably want to try one out first. I thought that I wanted a LAP frame - and I did but a SIT-ON frame was the best for me. I found that with the lap frame, I had a tendency to lose it off of my lap if I moved to reach for something. The SitOn frame works much better. If I am working on something bigger, I have my floor frame that adjusts lots of ways to get it just right. I would just try a few out before you make the purchase.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:58 AM

Wow!!!!! Thank you for the great feedback here on this post. I was doing a Google search and this posting poped up. Its been ages since I have been active on the board. If anyone ever has a question, send me a PM and I will get right back to you. I really do love making these lap frames for you! Happy Holidays to all.

THANKS AGAIN,
Harry Barnett