Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New magazine--Quilt >

New magazine--Quilt

New magazine--Quilt

Old 01-08-2010, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by 4dogs
I didnt get anything in the mail either.....how can I get into this? It sounds like a good one, and a really good price too..... do they have a website?
there's an 800 # above. sometimes they say you can't do it without a card. bullroar. hang up and call again. someone else will let you do it on the phone.
it seems as though they haven't got their act together.

also, when i asked, they allowed me to extend it to 3 years at the same price. who knows what they're doing?
Old 01-08-2010, 08:44 PM

THANKS, will try tomorrow, J J
Old 01-09-2010, 06:17 AM

I mentioned this conversation to my DH and he got up and came back with the envelope, "this one?" he asks.
I have stopped subscribing to anymgazines so he just put it in the recycle, I never saw it. Now it is ready for the mail:)
Thank you for bring this to our attention.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by butterflywing
i haven't been following all along since the beginning, but this offer was mailed out to a few areas in the country and if you didn't get it in the mail, you can't take advantage of it. you have to return the card with the code on it. the only other offer they have now is one year for about $20 and 2 years for about $35.

it's better than the newstand price, but no give-away like the $10.
Well, the thing about getting it at the newsstand is that if it doesn't interest you, you don't buy it. I buy only those that I want to use.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by butterflywing
there's an 800 # above. sometimes they say you can't do it without a card. bullroar. hang up and call again. someone else will let you do it on the phone.
it seems as though they haven't got their act together.

also, when i asked, they allowed me to extend it to 3 years at the same price. who knows what they're doing?
So you got a 3 year subscription for $30? That's pretty good!
Old 01-10-2010, 05:54 AM

Has anyone noticed a lot of these great subscriptions deals come with an "automatic renewal" clause. If you don't want it to continue then you have to cancel.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:49 AM

Yes! In the past I have gone a round or two with a company that sent me a magazine which I did subscribe to and after receiving only couple issues then sent me a letter informing me my subscription would be renewed automatically at a much higher rate which was $30+ a year. I hadn't even received the magazine for a year yet, only couple months. That's when the fun began with them. Really got to watch some of these outfits. Just like some will gave you a great deal but it's really for only 4 or 8 magazines and not for the full year. And some book clubs, "sorry we didn't receive your cancel in time, the book is on it's way to your house". So that is my gripe on that issue.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:13 AM

My MIL got me a subscription for my Xmas present! My first quilting magazine. She even got the house address for where I'm moving next month so the magazine will be sent there
Old 01-13-2010, 06:48 PM

I called the 800# and the gal told me that I could have it for 1 year for $10.00 OR that I could have it for 2 years for $24.95....you are right, they dont know what they are doing, but the price is SO nice...hope its as good as it sounds.She did ask me for my credit card info when I called. I sure hope its a ligitamate group......thanks for telling us about this.......
Old 01-13-2010, 07:14 PM
Dix

Originally Posted by Sarah CA
Eddie, Since you subscribe to these mags, are there any you would recommend over the others? Which ones are better, which ones are not? I want to subscribe to them all, but not sure which ones to chose.
I enjoy all your posts and your help. Awesome to have men on here.
Hugs to all of you,
Sarah in CA

Originally Posted by Eddie
Originally Posted by adrianlee
Originally Posted by Eddie
I got that offer and did sign up for it yesterday.
I have stopped some of mine that you mention, but I really love the one called Quiltmaker. Fast and easy and good tips. Check it out at the news stand.
And on a related note, I found that I had to create an Excel spreadsheet to keep up with my quilting magazine subscriptions so I wouldn't inadvertently subscribe to the same one twice, LOL! It tracks the name, number of issues, subscription date, expire date, amount paid, etc. Hopefully, I'll keep it all straight!
Eddiie, how many quilting mags to do you since getting bit by the quilting bug? I got this ad in the mail too and am signing up for it. My other sewing magzine is Threads.
I sometimes wish I had Excel, but my new computer doesn't have it.
I get 6 different ones (see below). Anyone know any good ones that I'm missing out on??? :D

Quilter's World
The Quilter
Fons & Porter - Love of Quilting
McCall's Quilting
American Quilter's Society
Quilt