Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: New to Me Sewing Machine

Blog Entries
    A dear friend who doesnít sew surprised me yesterday by giving me her sewing machine. She bought it about 6 years ago and it has been sitting in the box ever since (her & I swap things we donít use that the other would like, I lost weight and gave her some clothes.) So Iím getting to know him. When I got my little FW in January I had such a time getting her to work right (it was me NOT her.) After spending many, many hours with her, reading the manual, researching on line I was confused. I spoke with my sewing machine repairman on the phone and he gave me tips and I took notes and tried everything. Still I was doing something wrong so I left the sewing room and sat down with DH. He asked how it was going and I told him no luck so far. He got up and went straight to the sewing room, sat down and ran a piece of fabric through her and she sewed perfect for him and she has been happy ever since. I realized that she is a flirt and wanted a manís touch. Sooo, my little darling has a big brother sewing machine now. Oh, he isnít a brother sewing machine heís a Kenmore. Iíll be using him to sew denim. Still have to come up with a name for him. Now I can make a denim rag quilt for DH :-P

You could name him Denny! :-D Or Kenny!

Quote Originally Posted by Maggiemay
    You could name him Denny! :-D Or Kenny!
    I like kenny but denny is also good very clever