Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New method of free-motion quilting? >

New method of free-motion quilting?

New method of free-motion quilting?

Old 04-04-2010, 06:38 PM

I've actually seen a sewing table that has the machine sitting in it like you just described, turned 90 degrees. I say if it works for you, go for it!
Old 04-04-2010, 07:00 PM

I just tried a handi-quilter at the quilt show that was mounted in a sit down table just as you described. I also tried out a Flynn frame and now am the proud owner of one. I found it worked well for me. You are supposed to be able to purchase relatively cheaply, conduit at the hardware store to extend the frame to use for up to a queen quilt. I can hardly wait to get it set up and try it here at home.

I do like your idea however, how clever.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:21 PM
Banned

when I start quilting bigger quilts, I will have to try it out, I have a 9 inch throat on mine. Penny
Old 04-05-2010, 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by Rachelcb80
I've actually seen a sewing table that has the machine sitting in it like you just described, turned 90 degrees. I say if it works for you, go for it!
I just had my husband make a cutout for my machine in my big sewing table. If this 90 degree turn turns out to be the solution for me, he'll have to make a second one!
Old 04-05-2010, 02:56 AM

i can't do that with my machine inside my sewing table.the cut out is not long or wide enough to turn the machine.
but my juki on the frame is that way, so i think it would be a great idea.
Old 04-05-2010, 03:10 AM

Most excellent idea.. to turn the machine.. bravo!!
Old 04-05-2010, 04:24 AM

Great idea. I have the flynn frame and I love it. I now have extensions for the frame to go up to a king size. With my extra conduit I can quilt all sizes now. It makes quilting fun and I always look forward to my next quilting job.
Old 04-05-2010, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by hawghugger
Great idea. I have the flynn frame and I love it. I now have extensions for the frame to go up to a king size. With my extra conduit I can quilt all sizes now. It makes quilting fun and I always look forward to my next quilting job.
I am glad to hear that you like your Flynn frame. What is the largest you have quilted so far? I can hardly wait to get mine set up so I can try it out. My hubby just got 2 huge wooden library tables that work was throwing away, and I think those with the Flynn would be a great set up. Would love to hear more about your experiences with the Flynn frame as you explore all the possibilities.
Old 04-05-2010, 05:07 AM

What a great idea...I also have a Janome 2010 and have been trying to free motion quilt. Nancy
Old 04-05-2010, 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by nursie76
Originally Posted by hawghugger
I am glad to hear that you like your Flynn frame. What is the largest you have quilted so far? I can hardly wait to get mine set up so I can try it out. My hubby just got 2 huge wooden library tables that work was throwing away, and I think those with the Flynn would be a great set up. Would love to hear more about your experiences with the Flynn frame as you explore all the possibilities.
i would like to hear more, also.