Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: New online quilt show, Mark and Jodie

Blog Entries
    I just watched Quilt Out Loud and I loved every minute of it! :lol: :lol:
    It's something different from the usual quilt show. If you like Quilter's Home magazine you'll love this show!

[/url] http://www.qnntv.com[url]

Thanks so much for the heads-up! I had joined qnntv awhile back, but hadn't been there lately. The new show looks like it will be fun and different, another way to take out the 'loneliness' of those of us who quilt alone.

Renee

I love Mark. I watched the first shows and they were so much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    I just watched Quilt Out Loud and I loved every minute of it! :lol: :lol:
    It's something different from the usual quilt show. If you like Quilter's Home magazine you'll love this show!

[/url] http://www.qnntv.com[url]

Okay...make this blonde proof for me....on the qnn online site...is that how you watch the Quilt Out Loud?Or is it on your tv/cable?Thanks..Skeat

Blog Entries
    QNN tv is a paid membership online show site. Most all the quilting shows are there to watch 24/7. You pick what show you want. Quilt Out Loud is new show being presented. There are how to videos, new tool videos, documentaries, videos from the floor of major quilt shows and market. It's part of Fons and Porter but I don't buy the Quilt Club membership just the QNN TV membership. One thing, If you have slow dial up, it probably won't work.

I have always loved Mark, but for some reason I was a little dissapointed when I saw the first show. I was expecting the "different" personality that is Mark's, but the show was too different. When they were showing quilts made by the guest you couldn't even see the quilts. The conversation was all over the place and was hard to follow. I liked the visits to quilter's houses. The second show was a little more bearable to me. Unfortunately I can not say I learned anything, even though I am not sure the show is intended to teach anything about quilting.

I did learned how to decorate cupcakes with quilt motives, but that is not what I was looking for (I don't bake). I was expecting more about quilting, since it is a quilting show. I hope the next shows are better.

Maria

I watched this yesterday. I really enjoyed it! Mark is a trip. I just started reading his magazine. I thought the show was refreshingly different and look forward to each episode! :D

Blog Entries
    About half way through the conversations I begin to enjoy it. It's so real, not rehearsed so that is why I had mixed feelings at first about liking it or not. It's not how to quilt if that is what you are looking for. :D

Love the magazine, dislike the show. Too much like the evening news, all banter no substance.