Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New to panels - how would you quilt this? >

New to panels - how would you quilt this?

New to panels - how would you quilt this?

Old 11-16-2011, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
Love the panel! I think a general stitching with the features of the fabric would work well. I like your scripture verse but I think I'd like it better located down in the right hand corner with the white Shasta daisies? If you move it there it would also be easier to quilt a rectangle around the edge first and then do the feature quilting up higher? Just my opinion though, do what you think will look best to you.
Thanks for the idea of where to put the panel. Yet another thing I was struggling with since I almost hate to cover up anything on this panel!
Old 11-16-2011, 08:38 AM

If it was my quilt, I would put a solid border of one of the flowers around it and then meander on the quilting. You have enough going on in the panel to do other wise. Beautiful panel by the way.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:07 PM

What about embroidering the scripture in the upper left corner of the sky? Are you going to add a border to the panel? If you do that could be another place to embroider the scripture.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:11 PM

Beautiful panel. I understand that you are hand-quilting it. Great. I love panels. Extra padding, outline the features, flowers, add a border or two. Lovely.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:22 PM
Power Poster

I would a border on it and put the scripture on it. It wouldn't look good where you have it. I would do a meandering all over it. Just my opinion. Beautiful panel.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:31 PM

Very pretty I agree, thee quote in the border would leave the whole picture visible, and stitching around the elements would make it all pop.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:11 PM

Beautiful panel, wish I could help, but I have four panels that I have no clue what to do.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:27 PM

I really adore panels and fabrics with so many natural elements in them. Yours is just gorgeous! This is where I truly shine using my long arm, going in and outlining as much of the fabric with stitches as I possibly can, without overwhelming the print it's self. Put the label where you want it. It's your quilt and you are the one who must love it at the end of the day. Enjoy!!
Old 11-16-2011, 05:17 PM

Great ideas about adding a border. Never thought about that. I agree that the panel doesn't quite look right where it is. moving it to the lower left corner DOES make it better, but maybe add a border and center it on the bottom would look even better. Thank you all!
Old 11-16-2011, 06:50 PM

I have seen a couple of panels cut into thirds and then resewn with what looks to be window panes, those were pretty cool, they looked like windows with a view