Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New products I found at the quilt show. >

New products I found at the quilt show.

New products I found at the quilt show.

Old 06-21-2015, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
The braid thread:
Looks interesting! know of any demos or tutes on this? Be sure to let us see your project!
Old 06-21-2015, 05:08 PM
Power Poster

The glass does not get in the way. I forget it's there and I've sewn with it most of the day. It magnifys the light too. I can see each stitch when I'm machine appliqueing. It's steady as the machine sits on the base of it. I'll rouche the braid thread and then sew it with a straight seam down the middle to use as a piping or spiral it to make flowers or accent applique pieces. It's very soft and flexible. Examples at the booth had it sewn straight (not gathered) into designs like flowers, birds, etc.
Old 06-22-2015, 03:31 AM

Congrats on your new finds and enjoy using them. What fun to go to a quilt show and find goodies to bring home.
Old 06-22-2015, 04:40 AM

Interesting items. I love quilt shows. Have fun.
Old 06-22-2015, 06:12 AM

That is one reason I stay away from quilt shows now, too many gadgets followed me home. The majority of them have proven to be worth every penny, but then there have been the clunkers too. I purchased a Wahl seam ripper at a quilt show and it is fantastic. It looks like a miniature hair clipper and just goes through the threads like they were butter. Also found an amazing cutting mat that I've had for over ten years and it looks like new. Like another member mentioned, I have some rulers that I just had to have and haven't used since the quilt show. Ah, we live and hopefully we learn.
Old 06-22-2015, 06:14 AM

Last "quilt/sewing" show I went to I found a little green doo-hicky that sits down into the hold of a spool of thread with a magnet on top so I don't put needles into the arm of my chair, LOL after almost 6 month, I think I'm getting into the habit of actually using it. I think it was about $2.50. That's all I spent at the whole show beyond admission and parking (now those are getting ridiculous!). Too many one use items.
Old 06-22-2015, 08:28 AM
Power Poster

I don't know why anyone would care if thread is organic when the fabric it will be used on is probably 99% not organic. LOL
Old 06-22-2015, 09:39 AM

Isn't it amazing how many gadgets we need when our ancestors made quilts and were lucky to have a pair of scissors.
Old 06-22-2015, 10:00 AM
Power Poster

If our ancestors had the choices we had today they would have a filled sewing room too. I know my great grandmother and great aunts would have every new gadget they could get her hands on for quilting. I imagine our great great grand children thinking about us having no laser instant sewing or 3D printing of quilts we design.
Old 06-22-2015, 10:20 AM

Went to national quilting association in Little Rock this weekend, great show but was hurting by the time I got to vendors. Did buy some stencils for labels on quilts and others for hand quilting designs.
My dau took me...next show will reserve a wheelchair.