Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
new projects for guild needed >

new projects for guild needed

new projects for guild needed

Old 02-02-2015, 05:43 AM

Smile new projects for guild needed

my guild is looking for new project suggestions for the year. We've done Mystery Quilts, Round Robin, Strip Races, Sampler Quilts, quilts for the Military, baby quilts for Social Services, Sheriff's Depts, Christmas baskets, lap & twin size quilts for nursing homes, placemats & remote control caddies for Homes on Wheels, pillow cases for the Veterans Homes, wheel chair & walker caddies for charity, & Disaster quilts, those are the ones I can think of off hand. We like to stay within our county & we don't have a hospital to donate to. We'd really like an ongoing project to work on each month till completion as our own or for donating. We do Block of the Month for baby quilts & work on most of the above items continuously both at home & at our workdays. I know you all are a great source & always have great & original ideas. Thanks for all the help you have been to me in the past.

Sandee in MO
Old 02-02-2015, 05:48 AM
Power Poster

Our group is going to start making the Pretty Pockets which hold all the drains tubes for people having surgery. Instructions are found under www.creativeblossoms.com
Old 02-02-2015, 05:59 AM
Power Poster

Thanks for the link. Could not think of the name of this. Have a friend who is going to have surgery on Wednesday and may need these. I have some pretty light floral flannel and will use this. Having been and still am a breast cancer survivor, I know the importance items to help others. Let's make our survivors as comfortable as possible.
Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
Our group is going to start making the Pretty Pockets which hold all the drains tubes for people having surgery. Instructions are found under www.creativeblossoms.com
Old 02-02-2015, 06:31 AM

You could make a quillow to donate to the graduating class. This could be used for them to raise money for their grad events, or whatever. It is one of the things we do as a guild.
Old 02-02-2015, 05:47 PM

If your town/city/county has a convention center, city bldg or county bldg, fairgrounds, visitors bureau, etc., interested guild members could work together to design and make a quilt with an applicable theme, map, or points of history/interest. Our guild has done a couple (one for a convention center, another for our local library, and yet another for the small community where we live within the county.
Old 02-02-2015, 06:41 PM

Clothing protecters for nursing homes.
Wheelchair back covers. They are decorative and fun. Like a rolling art show.

boy, your Guild is really involved in projects!
Sandy
Old 02-02-2015, 07:23 PM

We did small wall hangings to match the twin size quilts we made for the nursing home patients. Oh, & I forgot the adult bibs we made, for a small group I think we do fairly well. Thanks for all your suggestions.

Sandee n MO
Old 02-02-2015, 07:30 PM

Our guild always has a stock pile of quilts that we donate to those who have lost their home to fire or other disaster, WAVI, Children's Home Society and the Shelter. Our group is just finishing up a paper bag challenge. Each person decides what sort of quilt they want, 12 inch pieced blocks, black and bright, applique, or whatever. If they want a specific piece of fabric in each block it is included in the bag. Each month the bags are brought in and then signed out by another person. At the end of the specified time the bags are brought back, the blocks pinned together as a quilt and the owner has to figure out if it is theirs. Don't know if that is the sort of project you had in mind.
Old 02-03-2015, 06:20 AM

Large pillow cases for those in fostercare so they don't have to use a garbage bag for their possessions when moving to a new home.
Old 02-03-2015, 06:48 AM

In Canada there is a group called "Victoria's Quilts". We make quilts for chemo patients all over the country. The quilts are specific dimensions, cotton pieced tops and flannel backs and come in cotton bags so the patients can easily carry them to treatments.
We also do Jelly Rolls at the group with 2 1/2"WOF strips brought in and however many strips you bring in is the number of entries you get. There is a draw and someone gets to take the lot home. Each month the color is pre-stated so it might be blues you win or pinks or whatever.