Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: New quilting machine

Well this is my second topic of the day, I have a new quilting machine its a Juki T98L with Quilt CAD and stitch regulator. The frame is on its way, what I ordered with machine was a wooden frame the company called' said Grace didn't make it any more, they ask if a comparable aluminum frame would be okay , it was also $100 less! I got all stuff for $1799. I am so happy, now I go and get a job before its all here, oh well I'll sew on off days. I am on cloud nine today. Start work Monday.

Congrats on the new marvelous "toy" and on the new job, too! Interesting that they've gone to making aluminum frames. Maybe it's lighter to move around, and at least no trees died for it.

Well congrats on new machine and new job. Both blessings. I'm curious about your set up, I think a LA is beyond my needs. So this is a wide harp (9"?) on a frame? What's CAD in relation to quilting? Whole set up $1800? How much floor space does it consume? Grateful for any answer, whole machine on a frame, LA issue overwhelming to me. Just started MQing, haven't even FMQd yet, terrified.

That is what usually happens to me. Now that I am retired, I am finally getting to know my machine(s) and how to use them.

The frame will hold up to a king size quilt and its a midarm machine I felt like that was all I needed. The throat space is about nine inches.

Thx! Who is your resource? If I go that direction, I'd let them know who referred me.

lucky girl

Nice! Good news on both counts!!

I got it at Sewing Machines Plus at their website.