Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: A New Respect for Crumbs

  1. #1
    grugirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Graham, WA
    Posts
    373
    Wow, I had an eye opening experience today. I went to the Puyallup Sew Expo today and found a new and very serious respect for crumbs. I saw some of the smallest quilts ever, not just minis, but mini minis and they were done with tons of scraps and crumbs. They were simply fantastic. I wish I could have taken a picture but they were not allowed. UGH.

    I just started running my fingers through all of the crumbs I have been throwing in a plastic bin and have a whole new respect for their purpose that I did not recognize before.
    I saw the cutest log cabins, pineapple blocks and tulips made with the tiniest of scraps. I now just question the patience I would have to have to work with something that small. My arthritis doesn't help this scenario.

  2. #2
    Power Poster erstan947's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    12,071
    Blog Entries
    47
    Give it a try, after all they are so little, It can't be that hard. Can it????LOL:)

  3. #3
    Super Member Scrap Happy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    7,467
    Blog Entries
    1
    Glad you found a new respect for crumbs. :-P I'm making my 1st one. The smaller crumbs are in the center and the bigger pieces on the outside. Those small quilts would be awesome to see. Wish they would have let you take pics.

  4. #4
    grugirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Graham, WA
    Posts
    373
    Quote Originally Posted by erstan947
    Give it a try, after all they are so little, It can't be that hard. Can it????LOL:)
    I am getting the feeling that was a little evil there.

  5. #5
    bbquilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Eastern Montana
    Posts
    175
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Happy
    Glad you found a new respect for crumbs. :-P I'm making my 1st one. The smaller crumbs are in the center and the bigger pieces on the outside. Those small quilts would be awesome to see. Wish they would have let you take pics.
    I would love to see pics when you are done.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Snowy Minnesota
    Posts
    665
    I admire anyone with the patience (and small motor skills) to make mini-mini quilts!

  7. #7
    Super Member icon17's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Washington,State
    Posts
    1,692
    Yes to bad no pic's! And HI! To you in Graham I'm In Everett. Lori K. 8-)

  8. #8
    Super Member Scrap Happy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    7,467
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by bbquilter
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Happy
    Glad you found a new respect for crumbs. :-P I'm making my 1st one. The smaller crumbs are in the center and the bigger pieces on the outside. Those small quilts would be awesome to see. Wish they would have let you take pics.
    I would love to see pics when you are done.
    This weekend Iíll be working on the crumbs, I plug away sometimes at night too. Finished the 1st crumb block last weekend. There are many crumb blocks going at one time and they are all different sizes right now. Will post a picture when I have a few to done.

  9. #9
    grugirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Graham, WA
    Posts
    373
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by bbquilter
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Happy
    Glad you found a new respect for crumbs. :-P I'm making my 1st one. The smaller crumbs are in the center and the bigger pieces on the outside. Those small quilts would be awesome to see. Wish they would have let you take pics.
    I would love to see pics when you are done.
    This weekend Iíll be working on the crumbs, I plug away sometimes at night too. Finished the 1st crumb block last weekend. There are many crumb blocks going at one time and they are all different sizes right now. Will post a picture when I have a few to done.
    Would love to see the pics of those crumb blocks.
    Hooray!!!

  10. #10
    Power Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    16,537
    Blog Entries
    36
    I saw some "Inchy Quilts" in HOuston and they are so tiny and cute. Inchy patterns are popping up all over now. Hope you look them up. I thought about this too. I have so many Big quilts I am going to start making mini-quilts and stack them in my living room in a glass enclosed end table. More to display. And I can have smaller versions of the big quilts I like. Thanks for this post. But in Puyallup, you made me think of those wonderful scones and earthquake burgers. I miss all the fairs there. Not like Texas, one big one a year.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.