Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New Serger Book >

New Serger Book

New Serger Book

Old 10-26-2010, 06:09 AM

Hi Friends,
i just bought a new serger book called Serge & Merge Quilts. Its by Sharon Rotz and Nancy Zieman. Even has a DVD with it. I have nothing to show you yet, but I do have the book and its looks great.
Jo Ann
Old 10-26-2010, 06:13 AM

You are going to LOVE IT!! Does it have a pin wheel quilt in it? I made that one, I love her attention to details when she explains her patterns. ENJOY!! :P
Old 10-26-2010, 08:13 AM
np3
Power Poster

Sounds interesting!
Old 10-27-2010, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by joivey
Hi Friends,
i just bought a new serger book called Serge & Merge Quilts. Its by Sharon Rotz and Nancy Zieman. Even has a DVD with it. I have nothing to show you yet, but I do have the book and its looks great.
Jo Ann
I had a chance to glance through this book and it was so good I am so tempted to buy a serger...lol never had a desire for a serger before I learned it could be used for quilting. Do you have a serger ? what brand? what do you like about it?
Now you have sparked my curiousity. :D
Old 10-27-2010, 06:49 AM

I have the Viking Husky Lock serger. I love it! Once you learn how to thread it and use it, you wonder how you ever got along without it!!
Old 10-27-2010, 07:23 AM

I am on my third serger. The first one was Janome, which was great but a pain to thread. I nearly wore it out though. The second was a Brother that I got for $200 from HSN or QVC or Costco. It worked great, but still a pain to thread. I month or so ago Babylock had a great promotion, so I bit the bullet, traded in my #2 serger, and got a new Babylock Imagine, which is self-threading and a new Ellissimo. I think I have died and gone to heaven. Projects are running through my head faster than I can even do them. I also bought the workbooks for both the Imagine and the Ellissimo, which explains in much more detail.
Can you tell I am a little bit happy?
Jo Ann
Old 10-29-2010, 08:55 AM

Joann thanks for the feed back. I think I saw the one on one of the shopping channels. I was leery due to the fact I have a White 4400 embroidery machine I bought a few yrs back on a shopping channel that I am having awful time learning on because I have so many problems w/ the thread bunching all up so I vowed never to make a another purchase like that from the shopping channel as you don't have the beneifit of running back to a real person when you experience problems.
Glad you like yours.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:20 AM

If this is your first serger, you might do well to get it from a dealer or haved someone who can instruct you. I'll be happy to answer any questions. I work with Project Linus and make receiving blankets from flannel by serging the edges. Works great and very fast. You do not even need to cut the fabric, just iron a crease when you want it cut and the serger will cut and serge at the same time.
Jo Ann