Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: New Serger!

Cool New Serger!

Well, I did it. I replaced my ancient Simplicity serger (which had developed quite a taste for fabric eating, thread breaking and pedal crackling!) with a brand new Bernina 1300MDC. It does many serger stitches and overlock stitch too. Tomorrow I have a guide class and I am looking forward to getting it fired up and in use.

The Simplicity was a free-bee from DS and I gave it lots of love and care. Had it cleaned and tuned up, bought it a new pedal and gave it a prominent place in my sewing room. But it still wasn't happy. The new foot pedal started to smell like it was burning and making a crackling noise when plugged in for more than 10-15 minutes. The thread broke easily and was a bugger to rethread. But the final straw was when it started to eat an embroidered Christmas pillowcase I was making for DGD. So wonderful DH said go get a new one and it will be an early anniversary present! Isn't he wonderful?

My new serger has all the bells and whistles that I now have to learn. Looking forward to making lots of pillowcases for all the little people on our Christmas list as well as for charity and getting back into dressmaking for myself. Can you see my big smile?

Blog Entries
    congrats to you and enjoy
    Nancy in western NY

Love my 1300 MDC. Enjoy yours. Made a pillow in a class I took all on the serger with pintucks, ruching, upper and piped binding all on the serger.

mltquilt

Sounds beautiful. Hope I can learn that too!

Yee Haw Ain't life grand? I only have 2 more payments to make and mine will be home. looking forward to playing hard and fast LOL