Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New sewing room >

New sewing room

New sewing room

Old 01-01-2011, 07:44 PM
Power Poster

This is such a fun thread!!
My hubby cooks all the time so I'm glad my sewing room is upstairs away from all the savory aromas!
Hard to lose weight when I have my very own Emeril type of husband lol
Of course, he's thin!!! :D:D:D
Old 01-01-2011, 08:38 PM

I moved from Iowa to Nebraska once!

My sewing room used to be in the family room, then my son moved out so I moved into his room down the hall. I have a great setup but I'm lonely! I take breaks and gravitate to the family room frequently. Someone needs to invent a "silent" sewing machine!
Old 01-01-2011, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by bj
My DH sends me text messages from his basement. And he drifts in thoughout the day when necessity dictates he come up. If he had a frig and bathroom down there, I'd never see him! I can't stand to be down there. It's a nice room, but no windows. I get really clautrophobic in about 15 minutes. That's pretty much my limit.
Why don't you get walkie talkies :)
Old 01-01-2011, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by dakotamaid
As many of you know we moved from Iowa to Nebraska this past year. (Still moving stuff from shop!!LOL) In doing so I finally got a beautiful sewing room with lots of space. ( Or so I thought before everything started going in there!!) It is on the main level and Hubby is now in the basement in his Nebraska cave. The trouble is I think both of us are lonely. Our old rooms used to be across the hall from each other and we could actually talk to each other. (With the tv and cd player muted.) Now we have to go find one anther!! I'm wondering if I'm going to end up in the basement with him!! LOL.

Have you thought about getting Intercoms for the basement and your upstairs sewing room? That way you can still talk to each other as much as you did across the hall from one another, just a ideal.
;)
Old 01-01-2011, 11:15 PM

im in basment dh in shed no talking for us
Old 01-01-2011, 11:49 PM

My husband is either in the garage, working in the yard, or on his computer in the den, which is upstairs. My sewing studio is in the back of the basement, next to the "Wreck Room" (otherwise known as a family room). If either of us wants to talk to the other, we go to where that person is. I figures for me it's a good way to build in some breaks from sewing, cutting, or ironing. We do spend time together in the Wreck Room watching TV. But then, I am usually also knitting, readiing, or on the computer, but we are in the same room - does that count?:)
Old 01-02-2011, 12:25 AM

Location: Ohio... wanna build a cabin in the woods and live off the land... and quilt all day!

if there's a computer in each room, you could Skype! haa haa, that's how I keep in touch with older kids / grandkids in Jax, NC :) have often teased hubby that I'll skype him if he's in his lair...
Old 01-02-2011, 12:53 AM

My sewing room is the sun room. It's all windows except for one wall. I do get very good light and a view of the golf course. We do have a guestroom I could use but then I would be all over that room. My sewing room is small but am able to have a convertible sofa, tv, dvd, small ironing board and of course my Janome and stash. It's cramped but it works for me.

I've thought of taking out the sofa making more room, but my son and SIL love sleeping in there in summer with the windows open. The girls get the guestroom. DH is able to see me or call to me at all times, except when he's doing laundry. Whatever it takes, right?
Old 01-02-2011, 12:57 AM

I just lost my sewing room to the baby. I still have a sewing table in there, and we just set up a chair in the corner so that my DH can play on his DS, the baby can crawl around on the floor and cause trouble, and I can rush to get some sewing in!

Most of my cutting / setting up is being done in the living room while my DH plays on the computer and the baby naps.

The system has worked well for the Christmas break - we'll see how it is when we're back at work!
Old 01-02-2011, 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by Cyn
My hubby put a 60 inch tv in the room I just made my new sewing room so he watches football or works on his blackberry or laptop (he works from home) and we are together. I love it because we spent the better part of the last 25 years apart since he was a Marine and deployed often :)
Sweet Semper Fi