Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: New Studio feedback

New Studio feedback

If the price comes in right, I'll be able to have my quilt studio built soon. I've drawn out a plan to the best of my abilities, and would love some feedback, as I'm sure many of you have either built your own studio or dreamed of it, and will have suggestions I won't have thought of.

I thought to put floor to ceiling shelves in the closet, about 2 feet deep, leaving me 2 feet in front of them to move around as there wouldn't be doors in front of the entire section. I thought I'd store my batting rolls on the far right side, where access is limited due to the computer workstation in that corner.

In the very lower left corner, is an amoire, and right next to it (above in the photo) is an 8' x 8' design wall. The ironing station could perhaps be a movable piece placed on the work island. I think the rest of it is self explanatory. Oh and the 2 white boxes at the bottom between the windows are to be built in book cases.

I'll put plenty of bright lighting, stationed above all the work areas, and a couple of ceiling fans. I'd like upper cabinets over the computer and sewing stations, if the budget allows.

Feedback? Any and all suggestions welcomed and appreciated!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    http://tinksquared.com/
    Bernina Artista 630 ✂ Bernina Aurora 430 ✂ Bernina 830e Record ✂ Bernina 1300MDC ✂ Babylock BLCS ✂ APQS Millennium ✂ Singer 201-2 ✂ Singer 301 ✂ Singer 401A ✂ Singer 15-91 ✂ Singer Featherweight 222K original ✂ Singer Featherweight 222K custom paint ✂ Singer Featherweight 221

Wow Great Layout. I think you have thought through everything very well. Congrats on your studio.
    DonnaR
    Grammy to Isaiah and Ruth

Nice layout. Perhaps some pegboard over the workstation for small items?
    I like to ride my bicycle
    I like to ride my bike ...

Quote Originally Posted by grammyp View Post
    Nice layout. Perhaps some pegboard over the workstation for small items?
    Pegboard would be perfect, I have a large sheet of it in my existing sewing room, thanks!
    Bernina Artista 630 ✂ Bernina Aurora 430 ✂ Bernina 830e Record ✂ Bernina 1300MDC ✂ Babylock BLCS ✂ APQS Millennium ✂ Singer 201-2 ✂ Singer 301 ✂ Singer 401A ✂ Singer 15-91 ✂ Singer Featherweight 222K original ✂ Singer Featherweight 222K custom paint ✂ Singer Featherweight 221

Senior Member Rosie the "Ripper"'s Avatar
    You might post this in "Mission, Organization" section and get more feedback. This is where others congregate for ideas on quilt studios. Yours looks great, by the way. Congratulations and Happy Sewing!
    Rosie the "ripper"

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie the "Ripper" View Post
    You might post this in "Mission, Organization" section and get more feedback. This is where others congregate for ideas on quilt studios. Yours looks great, by the way. Congratulations and Happy Sewing!
    Oh! Maybe the mods could move it for me please?

Blog Entries
    what about a big board ironing board? a big design wall really helps too.
    dare to dream

Oh, I'm so jealous, see the green on my face!!! That looks wonderful.
    Have a great day sewing and remember to "not sweat the small stuff"!!

Love your new studio, and don't think you missed anything in your design.

That looks wonderful! I covet that closet.

I would give very careful thought to the placement of the ceiling fans relative to your lighting - I have skylights in two rooms and the flickering from the fan blades crossing or coming close to their light paths can be very annoying.(It happens even in one room where the fan doesn't directly cross the light path, but is off to one side.)

I agree that you might enjoy visiting some of the Mission Organization posts. There was a studio design a few months ago by suziehammond that had many many good ideas (here).

Alison

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast