Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New to swaps >

New to swaps

New to swaps

Old 09-23-2010, 04:52 AM
Banned

Hi
welcome from a fellow New Hampshire quilter
There's a planned shop hop gettogether for the Columbus day weekend, in case you'd be interested.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:04 AM

I think I'm more a "wanna be" quilter lol! I'd be interested in hearing the details without doubt. I'm in the Concord area and due to health issues hold steady to that comfort zone. I'm a solitary quilter and it would be kind of neat to meet others though this board is almost turning into just that! Thanks everyone for all the feed back. I don't know how you keep up with all of it. With 7 hounds "helping" I know I couldn't. Posted a pic this am what a hoot! bryanne
Old 09-23-2010, 07:08 AM

Hi Brenda - at 53 I also am disabled. It is difficult at best but as I always say the beat goes on. I figure enough I have to live with it no need for me to burden others with it though I screw up mightily sometimes. Having said that, my disabilities are the very LEAST of my problems with grasping this quilting but I am not giving up. I've been plugging for 5 years now and simply won't let my crap ended stuff dictate my future. Besides I just say it adds character. Will add you to my prayer list. bryanne
Old 09-23-2010, 09:01 AM

Another thing for you to consider, Bryanna, is a block of the month or week instead of a swap while you get your skills up to speed and develop some confidence.

BOM's or BOW's are set up so that you can make the same block others are making and thus, you can get lots of help and guidance along the way on a particular block, but the blocks don't get exchanged. What you make is yours.

Just a thought.