Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: New tool for arthritic hands!

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaC View Post
    Just an FYI - not all needle-nosed pliers are spring-loaded like the ones in this original post. I think that's why she liked them so much!
    Correct. I have several pairs of needle-nose pliers, even small ones, but these have an incredibly precise nose as well as the spring hinge. I have picked threads up off the granite bar with them. My fingers won't do that! The brand name on the handle is Crescent. Thanks for all the other cool ideas. I have a wand magnet. I never thought to bring it inside. I will now!
    Fay

Wanted: a job that involves raising cats, riding motorcycles and creating quilts!

I have to watch as anything that takes pessure, such as having to squeeze tog. handles, is to difficult for me and I don't want flying scissors, know what I mean? If I loose my grip as I am trying to get control.
    Jesus knows all my imperfections yet he still loves me. Amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by MargeD View Post
    Thanks for letting us know about those useful tools. After years of being a secretary I suffer from carpal tunnel syndrome, as well as rheumatoid and osteoarthritis, so I appreciate finding out about the tools that are out there. Thanks for sharing the information.
    Marge, I, too, am a secretary and had CTS in both hands. I had the surgery in 2004 and have not had any problems since then. If your insurance will pay for it, I recommend you have it. I was off 4-weeks with each surgery, which were done back-to-back, but the CTS pain was gone in a couple days.

Blog Entries

Thank you so much for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by piecNpat View Post
    Is the cream from your doctor diclofenac sodium...brand name Voltaren Gel? That certainly helps my joint at the base of my thumb. Good stuff!
    I have used Voltaren but the stuff I have now comes froma compounding pharmacy and really has no name. Called CDBCL. Has lidocaine, diclofenac sodium and a couple of other things,

I have a surgical tweezers that helps me pull threads out of he sewing machine or a cloth. I do not have arthritis but have carperal tunnel. I think it is te same idea as the pliers

Blog Entries
    Saw this post, and thought AHA! Don't know why I didn't think of it, but I have an applique block I'm working on, and this is "the cat's pajamas". The needle-nose pliers have already saved my poor fingers from damage

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4