Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: New toy

Blog Entries
    My DH decided I needed to upgrade my Tin Lizzie. I now have the Tin Lizzie 18 with the Lizzie Stitch. I'm going to love it. The stitches are sooo nice. I have a dunkard path quilt ready to quilt. Guess cooking and cleaning will take a second to playing with my new toy. Now I want to learn to do feathers. Does anyone have ideas on how to learn to do this?

Ruby the Quilter

Blog Entries
    Watch lots of videos and then Practice, practice, practice.
    Wishing you the best with your new machine!

I don't have a LA, but I think they make what's called "pantographs" you follow with the laser on yoor machine to trace/stitch the design out. Perhaps rewording your message title will get you more answers on this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby the Quilter
    My DH decided I needed to upgrade my Tin Lizzie. I now have the Tin Lizzie 18 with the Lizzie Stitch. I'm going to love it. The stitches are sooo nice. I have a dunkard path quilt ready to quilt. Guess cooking and cleaning will take a second to playing with my new toy. Now I want to learn to do feathers. Does anyone have ideas on how to learn to do this?

Ruby the Quilter
    I just ordered this setup...I can hardly wait. It will be arriving the last week of March. In the meantime, I'll paint out her new room and wait patiently. Congratulations on your upgrade.

Blog Entries
    Contests, Ruby! I am green with envy. Tin Lizzie is my dream machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby the Quilter

Ruby the Quilter
    Trying thinking "half a heart, half a heart", up one side, down the other is how they taught us in class. If you bauble a bit, you can echo around them and they still will be beautiful.

Lucky you!