Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: New type of quilt for me!

New type of quilt for me!

Okay, I'm a traditional quilter. This is just a section of a quilt I'm making for my LQS as a sample for their shop. I'm still not so sure I like it. It's so busy and there are so many different blocks.... 23 in total. Again, this is just a section. Is it too busy for you, too?

The name of the quilt is Green Tea and Sweet Beans by Jen Kingwell, an Austrialian designer and I need to get it done so I can get back to my Little Brown Bird quilt.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    --- Jean

I'd rather spend money on my quilting hobby than the therapist.... I'm probably $$$ ahead.... and I'm happy!!

Well, it's different from what I would do but I think it will be beautiful. Are the colors actually brighter than this picture?
    Retired teacher, loving it.
    Love quilting also.

Blog Entries
    Oh but it's a sampler, meant to draw your eye all over. Looks great to me!

The blocks and the fabric are both pretty. But, I'm with you-it's too much for me!! Would love to see it when it's done though.

I just "Googled" the pattern and got the full effect. It's busy; there's no doubt about it. But it's also charming.
    Ruth

Power Poster
    ​I like it and it has an old-fashioned sampler look to it.

I just googled the pattern too. I love the old fashioned look of it. I really enjoy doing sampler quilts because I do not get bored with repeating the same blocks over and over. Might just have to order this one.
    Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down the their level and beat you with experience.

Blog Entries
    I like it. Stick with it, I think you are going to like the finished results.

Your colors are great and your piecing spot on. I think that it will be awesomely lovely and exactly what the designer intended, and just what your LQS asked for! Enjoy the process, that's what quilting is all about, right? And when the LQS is finished with it, you may send it to me!!!
    Quilts and cats just go together!

I think the blocks are very pretty. However, the thing that makes the quilt so busy, is the choice of fabrics. Way to much going on in every single piece of material that was used. Tone it down, and the blocks will be beautiful.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast