Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: New Wal Mart opened today...

New Wal Mart opened today...

Stopped in the new Wal Mart store that opened today in Gardnerville, NV. Did I get the surprise of my life! They have a fabric/craft department. Blow me over! When I have more time, I'm going back to really check out the fabrics. Years ago the first Wal Mart store in Carson City had a great fabric department with great fabrics. In my quick "scouting out" today, I "felt" nice fabric and also not so nice fabric. It's going to be interesting to see if they keep up with a somewhat good quality fabric down the road. All in all, I was pleased to see the fabric department. And the store is on my way home from work! That could very well prove to be dangerous! Hope there are other members on the board who live in the area and had the chance to visit Wal Mart today. Happy quilting to everyone!!!
    Live, Laugh, Love & Quilt!
    Weasie

Awesome, my walmart still does not have fabric.

I knew when Walmart yanked all their fabric departments that they would be back one day. Seems all the newest Walmart stores have them and a lot of the old ones are getting them back. We have at least one here in Birmingham that has had theirs all along.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/makeminepatchwork
    "Piecin' a quilt's like livin' a life...The Lord sends us the pieces, but we can cut 'em out and put 'em together pretty much to suit ourselves, and there's a heap more in the cuttin' and the sewin' than there is in the caliker...I've had a heap of comfort all my life making quilts, and now in my old age I wouldn't take a fortune for them." (Eliza Calvert Hall, Aunt Jane of Kentucky)