Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New Years project.....I need help! >

New Years project.....I need help!

New Years project.....I need help!

Old 11-17-2009, 04:44 AM

that is a great idea to go to the thrift stores! I guess what I would say to think mobile. the rolling totes are great. I like those wardrobes you can buy, you can stash alot of material in there. Of course I prefer the antique ones. My sewing room is full of built in cabinets and counters from the previous owner who was a quilter. I would love to take the cabinets down and rearrange the room to my satisfaction, but dh would stoke out, still trying to get organized in there. When you built it yourself, you can really enjoy the process! What a wonderful new year project!
Old 11-17-2009, 05:54 AM
Power Poster

I have some plastic boxes from Walmart. They are clear so that you don't have to open them all each time you want something, and the size that I get is just about $5.50. You can stack them, and they each hold quite a bit of fabric. I also have several under the bed with things other than fabric. Gives me more space.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:10 AM

I have a hard plastic storage shelves/rack which I got at an estate auction for $5! So be sure to check out any auctions near you!

And Congratulations on your new room!!! :D :D
Old 11-17-2009, 09:05 AM

I appreciate everyone's suggestions.....I am so excited I can hardly wait until the New Year to get started. But I have several projects in the works that need to be done for the holidays so I am trying to stay focused!! I like the thrift shop idea and I think I will start looking there. I figure if I have everything gathered together as much as possible before I start it will make things that much easier. It's sorting through my stash that is going to be the biggest part of this. But I am looking forward to having everything in one place where I can just sit and work when I have the time rather then wasting it seaching and setting up.