Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New Year's Resolution 2011 >

New Year's Resolution 2011

New Year's Resolution 2011

Old 12-13-2010, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by maryb119
My resolution is to use at least one piece of fabric from my stash in each quilt I make.
Now this is doable and is what I've been doing with my little stash, get the quilt started from stash fabric, and then buy more to make it. Of course, I can still buy more for the stash too, as I need to replace the stash pieces I use :mrgreen:
Old 12-13-2010, 05:19 PM

Does this mean that if there are no matching fabrics in your vast stash of fabrics, you can't make that specific quilt??? I notice that no matter how much fabric I have (not quite as many but close to the amount of bins that you have, I always seem to find a reason why I need to buy MORE) and usually it's because nothing in my stash will match perfectly. What a great excuse!!! :)

Originally Posted by LastGrandma
I hereby resolve to buy no more fabric for quilting until my stash is down to two plastic tubs. :roll: :thumbup:

The above is my resolution for 2011! I plan to stick to it. [NOTE: I have over 16 plastic tubs of material and don't seem to be able to put a dent in it.]

But recession or no, I am going to the fabric store only for supplies (I am down to my last bottle of spray adhesive!) not material.

Anyone else willing to take the pledge!???

BTW -- yesterday I was crazy enough to ask my husband (outloud, mind you) :? if we could go to Fabric Depot so that I could fondle some material. The look I got from him was startling! What was I thinking! LOL
Old 12-13-2010, 06:06 PM

I resolve I'll address my UFO's and only buy what is necessary to finish these or the ones on the design list. That should keep me busy all year...HA
Old 12-13-2010, 06:23 PM

There are some really ginormous tubs out there.....I bet if you put your mind to it, you could get your fabric into two tubs now........then you could shop without breaking your resolution!!!
Old 12-13-2010, 06:34 PM

Wish I had to make this resolution. I just started quilting and have no stash. Just a few remnants from the 2 quilts I've made. We're on such a tight budget that when I go to the store to see what's on sale...I don't know where to start. I keep thinking that if I buy just to buy but don't have something specifically in mind...then it wouldn't really be saving money. I don't want the fabric just to sit there. I know this may sound silly but I really need help knowing how to start a stash without having an exact project in mind. Help!
Old 12-13-2010, 07:01 PM

I suppose I could make a resolution to not buy any more fabric - it'd last about as long as all those resolutions that I've made to lose weight!!!!!!! LOL