Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • A newbie needs help >
  • A newbie needs help

• A newbie needs help

Old 01-02-2012, 02:09 PM
    Power Poster

Do you have the spool of thread standing upright with the thread feeding over/through an uptake lever or hook? I used to put mine in a jar behind the machine and that sometimes helped. I do not use the monofilament in the bobbin. Not sure I would trust it for the binding.
    Old 06-03-2013, 08:50 PM

I have had mine 9 months and same thing. I have tried to get help but all they say andimply is to badhow sad. 90 days no parts and since it took me 3 months of calling and emailing and talking to Miss Cahill of HSN they told me one year tought luck. I took it to repair and she said timing is out feet are out of line and several other things. I got the one with the table etc If you don't have a repair shop that can work on it you have to mail it or take to shop. And if it went out it will again. There is a club of 138 women and it copied some of them that are banded together to let others know. If you wnt to write me at [email protected] feel free. Sorry to let you know this but if it is under 90 days you may get help.Where did you buy it.
    Old 06-04-2013, 09:52 AM

I'm wondering why you chose invisible thread. I find it very uncomfortable next to my skin. Since it is causing a problem after you've stitched a short distance, I'm thinking you may be having a problem with the foot catching on something and not wanting to move forward. My walking foot does this sometimes right after I pass a bulky seam the "hump" catches on the body of the foot and you have to ease it forward to continue.
    Old 06-04-2013, 10:05 AM

I've never heard of anyone using invisible thread for binding. Did someone advise you to use it? I think I would gently rip out the stitches and start over using thread for the binding.