My first quilt I did was QAG and I said never again. This one is from a block a month that my quilt club did. Of course my first 12 in. squares were not square....they improved as I finished 30 of them. I put them together with sashing....here is one of my earlier pics
I guess what I did wrong was add my borders along the running material instead of actually measuring the lengths and making the same. So my quilt is not square now. The 2 sides are only about 1/4 in. different but the length in the middle I think is about 2 inches off! I am making the backing 6 in. longer all around, as someone told me to do that. Then my other problem is I am using 44 in. wide fabric so I'm piecing the back (3 pieces....King size bed), which I was told that I could do. I ordered the calico from JoAnn's but quess what! I ordered 10 yds. but the bolt only came with 8 yds. so they sent it in 2 pieces so of course I would have to piece one length. I called them and they even offered to let me send back the 2 yd. piece at their expense and would have sent me the 3rd uncut piece but I have my spot reserved with the quilting lady and I'm hoping for it for Thanksgiving as I'm having company. Fortunately I realized that I had an extra piece that I am planning on making prairie points with for the finishing and it will work perfectly. It is a different lot although I don't really see the difference from the other piece so I was thinking of putting it in the middle, but then I would have to cut down the two outside lengths. I guess it will be okay to 2 pieces sewn together and then add the third length which will have to be cut down. It is a small gingham check print. Oh me....what a learning process this has all been!!!