Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Next Project Please >

Next Project Please

Next Project Please

Old 05-30-2011, 02:59 PM

Is it just me or does anyone else have a hard time deciding what quilt pattern to do after you have just finished one? There are dozens that I want to do but just get overwhelmed when I look at them all.
Old 05-30-2011, 03:05 PM
Power Poster

Make a plan. I have a written list for quilts I want to try. It is in plain view for me to see all the time. I'm always looking forward to the next project with anticipation partly because I have been thinking about it do to my reminder. Hope you find some inspiration soon!
Old 05-30-2011, 03:06 PM
Power Poster

I have started too many. So I need to finnish some of my UFOs. I am trying. But yes it is overwhelming. too many choices and too little time.
Old 05-30-2011, 03:08 PM

Eeny, meeny, miny, mo.

I normally take into consideration how much free time I have at that point in life and will pick a pattern based on the time I have to actually sit and sew. If I don't have much time I will pick a quicker pattern. If I have a bunch of time I might pick a pattern that is going to take a little bit more work. I also think about what kind of fabrics I am in the mood to work with. Like right now I really wanna finish up the quilt I am working on so I can start on a 1930 repo. quilt!
Old 05-30-2011, 03:39 PM

I ususally say, "HOONNNNEEEYYYY!" and then give him 3 or 4 that I want to do and let him pick which one I do next. Sometimes my daughter falls victim, if she's around (teenager). LOL

I also dig in my stash and have choices of fabric after I know what pattern I want to do and let one oof them pick that, too.

I can never make up my mind, I wish i could do 10 at one time. LOL
Old 05-30-2011, 04:04 PM

I have no idea what I will do next. I know it is going to be something for me. Hummmm......I want to do the "Affairs of the heart" But, I think I will wait for summer vacation. So, I guess I will see what hits me.
Old 05-30-2011, 04:07 PM

After I finish one project, I usually do a UFO before I do another new one. Then if I have the stuff to start a new one, I do that next. So, I do new, ufo, new, ufo, etc.
Old 05-30-2011, 04:24 PM

I think I know what I'm doing until I start the binding on my current quilt, then I start second quessing myself. I'm there right now. I thought my next one was going to be a Jewel Box, but then I saw the modern Wedding Ring recently, but it's paper pieced. Do I want to learn a new skill when I'm under time constraints? Plus, the blog only posted a block, not a completed picture. I'd like to see a finished quilt.
Old 05-30-2011, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by MommaDorian
After I finish one project, I usually do a UFO before I do another new one. Then if I have the stuff to start a new one, I do that next. So, I do new, ufo, new, ufo, etc.
That's what I do.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:16 AM

I usually have another quilt pattern in my head while I am in the porocess of finishing up. I can't wait to get to it!