Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Thread: Nice feeling

Yes it does. :D

Quote Originally Posted by newbiequilter
    My son (44) told me today that the Brickyard rag flannel quilt I made him for this Christmas is warm (we have just had a cold snap)and fits him just fine (he is 6'3"). He said some of his friends want one too - I told him that his friends better be prepared for sticker shock!
    what size did you make, my new SIL is 6ft 2 inches?

Quote Originally Posted by Grandma Cindy
    Quote Originally Posted by newbiequilter
    My son (44) told me today that the Brickyard rag flannel quilt I made him for this Christmas is warm (we have just had a cold snap)and fits him just fine (he is 6'3"). He said some of his friends want one too - I told him that his friends better be prepared for sticker shock!
    what size did you make, my new SIL is 6ft 2 inches?
    Oh wow - the standard Brickyard finished is 49.5" x 68". There are 9 rows of 8 bricks (each brick 6.5 x 9) I added at least 20 extra "bricks" and I believe there were 10 rows of 10. I know this is not precise enough, but I just kept cutting the bricks, laid them out on the floor, deducted for 1/2" seams and cut string that length. I made sure it was was long enough to cover me laying down on the sofa - covered my feet and way over my head (I am 5' 9") and there was plenty of room around too. Hope this helps.

Banned
    yes indeed.

my gs is only about 5'10" However the pattern i made was a take five. Its square. I should have made it another row longer. I thought perhaps he was going to use it for a couch throw. Next one will be bigger.

Yes love them Grands!!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5