Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: No focus fab

Just finished two table runners and ready to start a new lap quilt. Dug thru my stash and realized I have miles of fabric, but no FOCUS fab!!! :( Anyone else have this delima? Do I need to go shopping?

Oh yes, you do need a Stash Enhancing eXpedition. I don't keep any focus fabrics around, but I love my scrappy quilts. The closest I have to focus fabrics are I-spys.

My problem is just the opposite. I am drawn to focus type fabrics and then when I go to put something together I have no blenders and/or tonals that work with the main fabrics.

Definetly time to go on a shopping trip, just get a few to tide u over :)

Blog Entries
    Same here.....

Quote Originally Posted by MamaBear61
    My problem is just the opposite. I am drawn to focus type fabrics and then when I go to put something together I have no blenders and/or tonals that work with the main fabrics.

A Stash Enhancing Expedition? Fun!

My problem is, I bought a lot of fabric for OBWs and other kaleidoscope type quilts, and so that could be consider focus fabric, but nothing to go with them, if I decide I want to do something other than kaleidocopeish quilts. Plus, my tastes are always changing, and what I liked on one buying spree doesn't match what I buy on another buying spree... I have decided I just need to have a complete fabric store in my stash... LOL that way I SHOULD have something to go with everything.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaBear61
    I definitely have the same problem. I find it impossible to make a quilt just from my stash, even though I have an embarrassing amount of fabric. I started trying to buy blenders instead of focus fabric and it is getting better, but now I find I don't have the exact color I want. It never ends but it gives me a good excuse to shop! :thumbup:

Only go shopping if the budget and sewing room space allow! I tend to overstock, and had to shove a pile off my sewing table to machine quilt current project.
    No focus fabric? Make color play the "focus" of your next project - lots of colors of either all solids or all blenders!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grammyp
    Stash Enhancing eXpedition
    SEX......love it!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast