Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: No matter how I photograph them

Banned
    the quilts always look crooked...lay them on the floor; have someone hold them; pin them on the way; put on a hanger...tonight both quilts I posted - I went back - looked at the pictures and they look crooked. The green soccer quilt is a little - I think I pulled too hard when I was quilting at the end - couldn't get the right touch and found myself gripping it white knuckle like. But its only a little bit off - 36.3 vs. 36. The other quilt I posted looks crooked but I measured it all the way and its fine...

They aren't great quilts - but their mine - but I have to find a way to photograph them so they don't look so bad....

Just hang them crooked then it will even out :) I love the green one you did!

Blog Entries
    Try hanging them on pants hangers over a curtain rod, shower rod, etc. I put up a tension rod in front of my closet doors and hang from that if they're small enough to fit.

Quote Originally Posted by katier825
    Try hanging them on pants hangers over a curtain rod, shower rod, etc. I put up a tension rod in front of my closet doors and hang from that if they're small enough to fit.
    Katie, this doesn't have anything to do with the topic but I LOVE your avatar quilt.

There are lots of websites addressing the question of how to photograph quilts, but this is one of the best I've found for quilters, not photographers. http://www.hollyknott.com/stq/index.htm

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider
    There are lots of websites addressing the question of how to photograph quilts, but this is one of the best I've found for quilters, not photographers. http://www.hollyknott.com/stq/index.htm
    Ghostrider, thanks for the link Iíve book marked it.

Blog Entries
    Pam, Iíve seen the pics of your beautiful quilts and they didnít look crooked to me. All I saw was how beautiful they are!

a couple of ideas:

put them on a bed

drape them over a railing

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider
    Thank you for sharing this link :D:D:D

I don't think it matters if they look crooked. You know they aren't. It's similar to a purple quilt I made that photographed blue. I knew it was purple, but it sure was blue in my camera.

Turns out I like it in blue so much that I made a blue one too!

Cameras sort of have minds of their own, I decided.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast