Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: No more charms for me

I've never had a problem with my Moda precuts. I ususally don't buy them, but my friends and family see them as a great gift for me, so I am more than happy to use them.

I have never used precuts. I am an accurate cutter and I get so aggravated when I look at fabric to buy and it is all cut in to various squares, strips, etc.
    What' s wrong with good ol' yardage?
    It's hard to find sometimes---just look at Keepsake quilting catalog, Nancy"s Notions etc. They all sell those darn precuts.

Thanks for listening!!!
    Chris

Blog Entries
    I buy pre cuts, all sizes. They save time and I count my time as part of the cost when I quilt, so pre cuts are cheaper then buying yardage and then washing it, ironing it, cutting it.

Blog Entries
    I got the charms pack via internet and I didnt know until you mentioned that about the top fabric. However that didnt happen with the pack I got. I looked at my top fabric and there is no turquoise or black in it. So Im not sure it works with all of the packs.

I usually by my charm packs at the LQS because I can actually thumb through the entire pack. I use them to make bags and have made a quilt for the couch with a kit that has charm packs and jelly rolls. Again these were from a LQS.

The ones you get from ebay may just be a bunch of fabrics that someone has cut into squares.

mltquilt

i hate precuts. i prefer to choose my own fabric and fabric combinations for me that's an important part of the artistic process.

i bought them when my niece first started sewing but now that's she 8yo i have her putting together colors and learning color theory.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2