Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
No sheet sleeping >

No sheet sleeping

No sheet sleeping

Old 10-19-2016, 09:51 PM

I was thinking about this - one question was about the person bathing - my DD's bathe before they go to bed. I think the idea of asking was is the person getting into bed with the day's body oils or freshly bathed. Not to be insulting to anyone that sleeps with or without top sheets, just a thought.

I make quilts to be used. And in fact, I love to have them used up, so I can make them another one. My great-uncle had his own business and one thing he did was repair radios and other electrical items. He died in 1961 and I can remember going thru his shop and taking a lot of the old radios that he kept around for parts to the dump. Many years later these items are now very collectable and I mentioned to my grandmother how sad it was that we didn't keep the old radios and her reaction was, "Dear we cannot save everything. We need to let some things go."

So my suggestion is, make him a quilt that you know he will use, and that you want him to use and when it gets worn out, make him a new one without concern for the other one.
Old 10-20-2016, 02:08 AM

He is 19? Make the quilt and be done. He should do his own laundry at that age.

Btw, my question about WHEN he bathes had to do with body dirt...I bathe at night because after a day of trudging around in summer sandals, for example, I don't wanted my dusty dirty feet in the bed..even mine! Maybe he sleeps in the nude...heck, whatever...it is his bed.

Sandy