Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: No tangle binding

Has any of you tried this? A friend sent me a copy of her quilt guild news letter and this little tip was in it. What a Great Idea.

Avoid the frustration of tangled quilt binding with this simple and very handy idea from a quilter who wraps the ready- to-sew binding around an empty toilet-paper roll. She then runs a cord (or ribbon) through the tube, ties the ends of the cord together, and hangs the roll around her neck. The binding rolls easily off the roll without getting tangled. How clever is that?!

That's a neat idea. I have wrapped the binding around a cone of thread before, but I have not tried this. Thanks for sharing.

That sounds good, but can you picture the doorbell ringing and going to the door with a toilet paper roll hanging around your neck!! LOL :P :lol: :P

Blog Entries
    I like to put my binding in a plastic (grocery) bag and hang it beside my machine while I sew it to my quilts, it just feeds right out of there and doesn't get tangled up or linty (from the floor).

Blog Entries
    LMBO I would forget to take it off too. But I am willing to give it a try!!! :D:D:D

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sew_Deer
    Has any of you tried this? A friend sent me a copy of her quilt guild news letter and this little tip was in it. What a Great Idea.

Avoid the frustration of tangled quilt binding with this simple and very handy idea from a quilter who wraps the ready- to-sew binding around an empty toilet-paper roll. She then runs a cord (or ribbon) through the tube, ties the ends of the cord together, and hangs the roll around her neck. The binding rolls easily off the roll without getting tangled. How clever is that?!

I saw that tip one time on Fons and Porter. At the moment, I have an empty TP roll in a gallon glass jug, just waiting for the next binding. I haven't tried it yet, but it is supposed to sit under your feet and feed out of the jug. Think I saw this tip on Fons and Porter too :P

I'd probably hang myself with it somehow!

Good idea!

Great idea.

I use the toilet rolls then hang them on a peg board over my right shoulder. (the peg is at a 90degree angle to my back) It rolls off wonderfully and never tangles.

I saw that tip one time on Fons and Porter. At the moment, I have an empty TP roll in a gallon glass jug, just waiting for the next binding. I haven't tried it yet, but it is supposed to sit under your feet and feed out of the jug. Think I saw this tip on Fons and Porter too :P[/quote]

I may have to give this one a try, thanks for all the tips.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast