Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Nolting Fun quilting machine >

Nolting Fun quilting machine

Nolting Fun quilting machine

Old 10-18-2010, 10:58 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by dsilas
I have had my Fun quilter for about a year and a half. At first, I had no problems with it but in the last 6 months, it has been a nightmare. I have so many tension problems and they are very inconsistant. I sent it to No. Calif. to the rep I bought it from and she didn't even put it on a frame or run it with the stitch regulator. She said it worked fine and billed me for $100.00. When I got it back, I had the same problem, she told me to try it without the stitch regulator, I would probably have more fun quilting that way. I paid a lot of money for the stitch regulator and am determined to use it. I have loops on the backing and if I tighten the top tension to eliminate the loops, I get "pulled" stitches on top, it is just an ugly job. I hope where ever you are, the rep is more helpful.
I would be Nolting's biggest pest and annoyance the company had ever run across if I got that type of customer service from a rep! That is a sorry company to let a rep do that to a customer. I called Maytag every week for two years about a warranty they refused to honor I finally got a district boss or some such title send me a voucher for $400 off a new Maytag appliance and agreed our relations were settled. LOL.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:03 AM

Call Dan in Hiawatha Iowa directly and tell him your situation. I guarantee he will help you!

Nolting Manufacturing
1265 Hawkeye Dr.
Hiawatha, Iowa 52233

P: (319) 378-0999
F: (319) 378-1026
Old 10-18-2010, 05:30 PM

I plan to send it to Iowa to have them set it up and take a look at it. I have a feeling it may be the stitch regulator.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by lisalovesquilting
Anyone out there have one of these? What do you like, dislike? Thanks
I have ben researching the long arms recently in hopes of buying one in the future. From what all the different dealers tell me (of all different brands of longarms) is that the tension mya have to be adjusted when changing to different types of threads or different brands. Last month I went to lookat a used Nolting and I called Nolting factory in Iowa and spoke to Dan and he gave me tips on what to look for and even told me to call him with the serial # so he could look up the real age of the machine (in case the person was giving false information). I ended up not purchasing the used machine because of it not having a sitich regulator, but Dan was very helpful in telling me what to look for in a used machine. My nearest LQS owner has a older Nolting that is a Fun Quilter (or Hobby Quilter--whatever it was that they made long ago) and it does not have a stitch regulator but she really likes it and does not have any troubles with it. Hope this information is helpful to you. It seems that with every brand of long arm I have researched and asked for advice about from people, it seems there is always someone who owns one that has troubles. I suppose a machine could be made and have issues --just like buying a new car and getting a "lemon" with issues. It's just that for the money we spend, we don't want that to happen. Good luck and let us know what you get. I am especially interested in these threads because I am also looking to get a long arm.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:12 PM

I have had one for 4 yrs and LOVE IT! its a fabulous machine, easy maintenance and has a perfect stitch!!!!
I am currently upgrading to a Nolting Pro and selling my beloved Fun Quilter. Hope whoever is the new owner enjoys it as much as I have! It will do anything I ask it to!