Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Non-Quilting - Apron >

Non-Quilting - Apron

Non-Quilting - Apron

Old 10-04-2011, 07:44 AM
Banned

Been trying to find something for about a year and just realized I can probably ask here. Last year I was at a quilt show and ther was a lady with a booth selling aprons and patterns. The show was so crowded I could not get back to her booth before I left. Have never been able to find the pattern.

It's a long apron that from the front looks dress like (best I can describe) and it went from about the neck line to below hte knees. It buttones either in the back or on the sides. Anyone seen anything similar? Sorry I am probably describing terribly.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:54 AM

It could have been her own pattern. There are probably hundreds of apron patterns. I put "apron pattern" in my yahoo search and got several pages of hits.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:57 AM

I've made aprons and sold them at craft shows so was always on the look out for a new/difference apron pattern. Think I saw something similar to what you are looking for that was entitled "vintage, retro" or something like that....maybe you could google those words....I saw the pattern but decided it was more work than I wanted to do and try to sell because I would never recoup the cost, much less the labor.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:41 AM
Banned

Thank you both I'll try those. I've googled aprons till I'm googled (lol) but haven't seend anything like it. And I agree it would be something to make yourself as you'd never sell enough to cover the labor.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:39 AM

When I make my aprons, a lot of times I will take a top from one pattern and the skirt from another and then tweek other things on it also...hard telling what that crafter came up with.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:23 AM
Banned

I never thought about that. It was quite nice. You could kinda use it to cover your whole outfit when working around the house, yard, etc.

Originally Posted by SUZAG
When I make my aprons, a lot of times I will take a top from one pattern and the skirt from another and then tweek other things on it also...hard telling what that crafter came up with.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:29 AM

Have you tried www.tipnut.com search apron patterns
Old 10-04-2011, 11:50 AM

I made many of these aprons for a boutique and they all flew out the door. I have given lots of them for gifts and everyone loves them. If you cant find the pattern, our LQS has it and I could send it to you. No buttons on it (except for embellishments - I used yo yo's to save $. If you decide on this, I can give you a couple of hints for making it.

http://myneighborsapron.com/gallery/
Old 10-04-2011, 04:08 PM

You have GOT to look at this http://www.indygojunction.com/patter...red?&per_page= Page 2 has a "Classic Coverall" pattern that might be what you saw?!

Scroll down to the Apron and Wearables here http://www.greenleafpub.com/rebeccar...gns/index.html

HTH ~ Pat
Old 10-05-2011, 10:06 AM
Banned

Thank you Pat. The first one if I extend the length is just about it. Funny someone told me months ago it was probably a cobblers apron and I forgot to look it up. One you found is a cobblers apron. Thank you everyone for the help.

Originally Posted by PABerard
You have GOT to look at this http://www.indygojunction.com/patter...red?&per_page= Page 2 has a "Classic Coverall" pattern that might be what you saw?!

Scroll down to the Apron and Wearables here http://www.greenleafpub.com/rebeccar...gns/index.html

HTH ~ Pat