Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Northwoods question

I have a lap quilt that's made with 6" blocks.Earthtone colors, 1 fabric has tiny pinecones on it. A friend is going to FMQ it[she's learning]. I was thinking of pinecones,or pinetrees, or Moose design on some of the blocks. Any suggestions welcome. Couldn't do picture, not the right kinda of camera. Sorry, I know it would have helped.

Blog Entries
    I like the pinecone idea if she's up to the challenge!

if she is just learning you need to sit down with her and see what she is capable of- what (may) seem pretty easy to you may not be for someone who hasn't much experience...i've been long-arming for over 10 years now- and still have not been successful at a good looking feather design...and it sure seems like lots of customers like feathers---i keep trying, been drawing them for a while now- and am ready to load up one of my practice quilts to give it another go---but i would not even consider doing them on a customer quilt no matter how much they would like them- i'm just not capable yet.

for a person just learning an easy-meandering all over pattern will probably give you the best outcome.