Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: not exactly back in the saddle... lol

currently living outside of nashville, tn
    ok, first the backstory: 2-1/2 years ago my darling mom-in-law was diagnosed with cancer and I left on the next flight from Nashville to San Francisco to care for her. 5-1/2 months later, I returned home to a house in Complete dishevelment. It's just impossible to describe its condition.

Among the topsy turvey rooms was my sewing room. My husband had migrated his work storage cabinets into it. It was tiny to start with, but now it was unusable. My aunt's quilt-in-progress sat peeling off of the design board, my fabrics were unreachable. omg, the Dust! whine, whine, whine. Suffice it to say, I have not sewn since.

This morning my sweetie left for golf at 6am, and I settled into my cute (and, thus far) very tidy "new" quilting corner (now located in our bedroom). ahhh... I happily measured and cut the strips for my mom's new quilt. I sat down at my machine to stitch them up...

My very first strips in 2-1/2 years are sewn wrong-side to right-side. :shock:

hahahahaha..... But not to worry ~ I am so happy to be Back At It that even ripping out the stitches brought joy.

Have a Happy Monday!

Glad you have some sewing space back! I'm sure it's wonderful!

np3
    Blog Entries
    You go girl!!

Blog Entries
    So happy for you... Enjoy.

Blog Entries
    LOL, Been there done that, more times than I would like! Just last week I sewed my strips wrong. rippit

Welcome back to sewing. In your absence ripping has been renamed "reverse sewing" LOL. It's so much more positive term.
    Quote Originally Posted by sewTinker
    ok, first the backstory: 2-1/2 years ago my darling mom-in-law was diagnosed with cancer and I left on the next flight from Nashville to San Francisco to care for her. 5-1/2 months later, I returned home to a house in Complete dishevelment. It's just impossible to describe its condition.

Among the topsy turvey rooms was my sewing room. My husband had migrated his work storage cabinets into it. It was tiny to start with, but now it was unusable. My aunt's quilt-in-progress sat peeling off of the design board, my fabrics were unreachable. omg, the Dust! whine, whine, whine. Suffice it to say, I have not sewn since.

This morning my sweetie left for golf at 6am, and I settled into my cute (and, thus far) very tidy "new" quilting corner (now located in our bedroom). ahhh... I happily measured and cut the strips for my mom's new quilt. I sat down at my machine to stitch them up...

My very first strips in 2-1/2 years are sewn wrong-side to right-side. :shock:

hahahahaha..... But not to worry ~ I am so happy to be Back At It that even ripping out the stitches brought joy.

Have a Happy Monday!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Welcome back to the saddle! You go girl.

Welcome back.

Blog Entries
    Every cloud has a silver lining, and your's is now shining brightly!!! Good for you that you are back to quilting. It must feel like an old friend rediscovered!! :-)

I'm glad you are starting again. And can't wait to see your quilt.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast