Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Novelty fabric stash quilt pattern HELP me find pattern

Novelty fabric stash quilt pattern HELP me find pattern

Sometime in the last week I ran across a quilt on the web where a woman had cut out pieces of the pictures on her various pieces of novelty fabric and made a quilt of the hodgepodge. I THINK she had fused the pieces. She mentioned that after she washed it the first time she had to cut some loose threads....she had the pattern for sale for $5. now I want those instructions, but can't find the site/link anymore. I have spent hours combing etsy and craftsy to no avail. Can anyone help me ? Thanks in advance. Catherine

Blog Entries
    Sounds interesting. But I have no idea.
    Sandra
    Treat people the way you want to be treated!!

I think I know what you mean, and it's going to bug me until I find it.

I think there was a white background, and then she stitched on top of it raw-edged novelty prints in small squares and rectangles in a sort of random grid. She sewed pretty close to the edge of the pieces, but even so, I can imagine a few threads might have worked loose from the pieces in the wash or over time.

You might try googling confetti quilts...and if I find what I was thinking of, I'll pm you!

Quote Originally Posted by dcdewitt View Post
    Sometime in the last week I ran across a quilt on the web where a woman had cut out pieces of the pictures on her various pieces of novelty fabric and made a quilt of the hodgepodge. I THINK she had fused the pieces. She mentioned that after she washed it the first time she had to cut some loose threads....she had the pattern for sale for $5. now I want those instructions, but can't find the site/link anymore. I have spent hours combing etsy and craftsy to no avail. Can anyone help me ? Thanks in advance. Catherine
    Did you try looking thru your computer's history for last week?

Super Member Central Ohio Quilter's Avatar
    Try googling "I Spy" quilts. That might bring up one like you are looking for.

Yes, white backgroun, and random grid. I will let you know if I find it.

Google ticker tape i spy quilt & you'll get a bunch of sights and images. It's a fussy cut version on a Ticker Tape quilt - free tutorial on the SewMamaSew blog sight. Pieces aren't fused, just sewn down & are done QAYG style. I keep a baggy just for pieces for a ticker tape & have one in progress that's just scrappy. They're easy and fun to do.
    Pat from Texas

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself."

Could be this is another thread that has already been "deleted" from QB. I'll keep looking other sites.
    http://www.oregonquilting.net
    I choose to give my life away for things that last forever

neat blog with lots of ideas and inspiration ... thanks for sharing dunster!
    Make it a scrappy happy day!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast