Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Now I need help w/the binding............HELP!

Blog Entries
    Ladies, I've got the top stitched together using the strip idea some of you suggested...

Now for the binding... I really prefer a striped effect and usually use a stripe cut on the bias for them. But I only have one width each of the orange minky and the jungle fabric, and a bit more of the brown minky...

Ideas, please.... and I have to finish this before tomorrow.

Piece of cake, with all my quilting friends helping! Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images      

COuld you border in opposing colors? Piece the border? Hope that makes sense, not sure how to explain...

You could just sew the three together, end to end, and put it on. I have seen this done, and it really looks good. (It probably even has a name, but I don't know what it is.) Maybe it's called a scrappy binding? It would not be stripes, but I think it would look good.

I actually just did a binding using pieces from the scrap bucket and it turned out cute I will attach a pic

Pieced Binding-Sorry it doesn't show up very well
    Name:  Attachment-212982.jpe
Views: 22
Size:  114.9 KB

Wrong Pic maybe? :)

Oh goodness gracious... what I dork I am. I thought that pic came from the original poster telling us what she did and showing us how it turned out! OMW... laughing at myself right now... ugh. :)

A dark brown would look nice I think.

Quote Originally Posted by MellieKQuilter
    This is the right quilt, but it is the binding doesn't show up very well. The binding is made from red, green and yellow fabrics that I had used on a previous quilt. I just cut the small pieces to binding width and then stitched them together until it was long enough for the binding.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaBear61
    This is the right quilt, but it is the binding doesn't show up very well. The binding is made from red, green and yellow fabrics that I had used on a previous quilt. I just cut the small pieces to binding width and then stitched them together until it was long enough for the binding.
    I was having a moment... was thinging you were the original poster!! LOL!! OOOPS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MamaBear61
    I was having a moment... was thinging you were the original poster!! LOL!! OOOPS!!!
    I know, those moments seem to come more and more regularly for me these days :roll: :roll: :roll:

Blog Entries
    So far I've considered sewing it together right sides inside and turning it, piecing the strips for the binding together and stitching it on continuously, or cutting the pieces for the binding into 10" lengths, sewing them together and binding with that....

I'm leaning toward the last method... It's 4:15 p.m. here, so guess I'd better get it done!

Will post picture when it's finished....

Thanks for all the help...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast