Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Now that's a stash.... >

Now that's a stash....

Now that's a stash....

Old 01-20-2011, 08:46 AM

I think there is more money tied up in the containers than the stash!!

I would never be able to sort that way then my true obsession with buying fabric would show!
Old 01-20-2011, 09:10 AM

That is NOT a stash! That is a personal quilt shop!!! I am going to dream of a private quilt shop tonight now!! *ahhhhh....sigh*
Old 01-20-2011, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Candace
Wow, she must have a gazillion dollars tied up in storage containers.
Yes, I'll bet she does. I wouldn't be able to find the container I was looking for..
Old 01-20-2011, 10:41 AM

That's quite a stash. She's got more fabric than some stores I've been in.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:35 PM

Oh my!!!!! What is that saying " She who dies with the most fabric wins!" I think this lady wins!!!!!!!
Old 01-20-2011, 05:47 PM

Amazing. I saw the picture of her on the computer and I couldn't help but wonder if she had so many bins she had to keep a master file on the computer to be able find stuff.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:13 PM

My husband would have a conniption fit if I had that much stash. I'm afraid I would be overwhelmed too. I have a full pantry and I think that's enough for me. When it started getting too full, I just started buying smaller pieces. Quilted more and stayed out of the shops. That's cool but a little scary to me.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:17 PM
Power Poster

OK, I don't feel so bad any longer. Mine is contained in the closets along one room in a 11x11 room. I need to show this to DH - if he ever gets to ?? my hoard - I mean stash.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:20 PM

There was a discussion here earlier this week on those photos of her stash. What was surprising to me was the number of folks who were so critical of this woman.

Lots of not so nice comments like "she must never get any quilts done because she too busy organizing", "she must be obsessive-complusive", "I would feel guilty if I had that much fabric" and other comments about the plastic storage containers negatively impacting the enviroment. Which is kind of funny because lots of folks here use plastic storage containers.

Sad to read so many unwarranted negative comments from what is normally a very nice group of folks
Old 01-20-2011, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by sewingladydi
There was a discussion here earlier this week on those photos of her stash. What was surprising to me was the number of folks who were so critical of this woman.

Lots of not so nice comments like "she must never get any quilts done because she too busy organizing", "she must be obsessive-complusive", "I would feel guilty if I had that much fabric" and other comments about the plastic storage containers negatively impacting the enviroment. Which is kind of funny because lots of folks here use plastic storage containers.

Sad to read so many unwarranted negative comments from what is normally a very nice group of folks
I absolutely love her system. My fabric is all in large bins stacked in the closet of my sewing room. I hate having to lug them out and to the table to search thru them for what I need. Plus mine aren't even clear and it never fails that what I need is in the very bottom tote.