Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Now What Do I Do?????

Now What Do I Do?????

Finished the quilt and to my dismay there were two places where the fabric was cut.
    I can't applique over them they are in an odd place on the quilt. What to do,What to do?

Blog Entries
    If you have matching pieces of fabric, you can hand applique a matching piece of fabric over the cut. This can end up being practically invisible.

Before doing that, you can insert a small piece of fusible underneath the cut edge and fuse the edges more or less together. That will strengthen the cut that is underneath the applique.

Blog Entries
    Can you slip a piece of fusible underneath the cuts and fuse the edges together? Are the cuts in parts of a pieced block? I had a seam blow out bad on a pinwheel quilt that I didn't find until after it had been quilted and washed. I just removed the offending piece with my seam ripper then replaced the piece and hand sewed it in. I did have to remove a little bit of the quilting but was able to re-sew it with my sewing machine. No one can tell the difference!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig