Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
OBW cut out remorse >

OBW cut out remorse

OBW cut out remorse

Old 03-25-2011, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by sandybuttons
find the blocks wonderful, but......I would realy like to see the flying monkeys hehehe
That's just my favorite saying from the Wizard of Oz of course. I think it tends to settle down a subject. And the flying monkeys are rather cute. I play the Oz slot machine and pray for the Flying monkey bonus. I have a coffee mug with that saying. I think everyone on this board has their own opinions and if you post something on here, you have to be ready to see both sides. Just think of how many of us there are. I'd like to see this group in a common class. I would think we all would chose different colors, etc. That's why we are quilters. Love the way this post took itself positive again.
I love this patterna and now am looking at the
OBW cubed book and thinking.....OMG how in the world did that come out that way???????
I have another Fun saying......"Your take-off sucks, but your landing was fine."
My hubby would say this to me because he is such a critic, her would say, don't think that's gonna work, then when I finish, he tells me this again. You think he would learn. ROFL.
Quilty hugs to all.
BTW Madquilter - Love your well chosen words. We are all sister quilters here....in the end we come back together. :thumbup:
Old 03-25-2011, 05:04 PM
Power Poster

Is the difference between a OBW and a stack and whack the angle of the cut, or is it the way the fabric is aligned? I never really understood.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:06 PM
Power Poster

The Stack and Whack Book actually has patterns for several different angles of cuts, one of them is for hexagons. The Stack and Whack patterns are generally made as blocks with a background fabric.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:11 PM
Power Poster

Obw falls under the type stack n wack. The S&T encompases different shapes, hexagon, octagon, square and fan. It is the process of stacking the fabric and cutting all the layers the same and assembling them. Usually haves frames etc around to make the individual blocks stand out. The obw more mashes them together and they can be done in the octagon or hexagon.

I used both books to do my original one. They are just different enough to have different ideas and suggestions to give a bigger picture. Especially since stacking the fabric is the same.

I have the fan s&w on my bucket list.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:28 PM
Power Poster

Got it! Thanks.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:12 PM

I have 30 together now and that is a third. I'll show again when I have them all up on design wall. Thanks to all for support and encouragement.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:18 PM
Power Poster

Great to hear!
Old 03-25-2011, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by sewingsuz
Thanks for all the help on here, I have the One Block Wonder Book and we are going by it. I am putting them together in half hexagons and then pin together and put them on the wall. I won't give up, I just had to start, and it is not that bad. I posted the starting fabric today under pictures and I said I think the material looks like an OBW just the way it was. I got my patience back now. Suzanne
You go girl! :thumbup:

Here is the thread with the starting fabric
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-110635-1.htm
Old 03-25-2011, 06:38 PM
Power Poster

Thanks for the link 7....that fabric is gorgeous Suz! You are going really quickly on the sewing to have that many done now. When do we get to see again??
Old 03-25-2011, 07:06 PM

was wondering myself what it stood for